Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at concealment holsters with thumb retention straps. I looked at DeSantis holsters, but don't like how the strap impedes my getting a high grip. I've looked at Galco, and for both my XDm 40 3.8, and my XDs 45, I'm looking at the SC2 for IWB, and the Galco Cop3 for OWB Does anyone use either of those holsters (Keep in mind, I'm looking at the SC 2 not just the SC). I've heard that the SC doesn't stay open, but would rather hear from you guys here! Let me know what y'all think!

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I have a summer comfort but I don't use it much anymore. It did the job but the leather straps didn't hold the cant, I much prefer the ease of kydex clips now.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leather straps didn't hold the cant, I much prefer the ease of kydex clips now.
Interesting. I wasn't expecting that. I have CBST and CBMT for my XDm, and XDs, now, but looking at thumbreak holsters, Always heard Galco was good, and like I said, the DeSantis strap was hindering my grip. Didn't know that about the cant. Anyone else?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used a SC2 for a few years with a G26 before I sold it and bought my XD. I loved that holster. It was very comfortable and always stayed open when the gun wasn't in it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd like to find an IWB similar to the SC that will fit an XD9 4in with the Viridian C5L. Have heard people complain they didn't like the SC's cant but not that it wouldn't hold one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts