Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
i was thinking about getting a galco "skyops" tuckable leather concealment holster. does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this particular holster? any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have one and use it often. Its a nice holster but my experience with IWB holsters is very limited so I don't have much to compare it to.. The only gripe I have about it is the little hooks that grab your belt come overly sharp on the edges. They scrached up my belt a bunch before I sanded them down. THe big up side is that you can reverse it for righties or lefties real easy. If you want any specific info let me know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
With the Skyops holster can you adjust the cant? If it can be switched from right to lefty, then I guess it does not have a slide guard. Or does it? It seems the perfect hoster for me is a combination of features from several different companys.

·
Registered
150 Posts
With the Skyops holster can you adjust the cant?
It doesn't have any seperate holes in it to set a cant but it does have some inherent flexibility in its design so you can move it around a little if you want (not much though).

If it can be switched from right to lefty, then I guess it does not have a slide guard.
correct, no slide guard.

I forgot to mention above that its important you get the correct sized belt for this holster as well. I think Galco's website lists the maximum belt size as 1.25" but I do not think it will work with a smaller belt either.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I too have a SkyOps. I've been very happy with it. My first point, to make this holster work, you need a good 1.25 inch belt. I use a Galco 1.25 belt and it is just the right width and thickness to keep the Y clip on the SkyOps very secure. Like stated above it is Right / Left adjustable, with just enough give to let you move, bendover, etc, and be comfortable. The boning and sight track are very good and the retention is good.

For me, my experience and the way I dress, the tuckable part of the holster is useless. It is not the holster's fault, the functionality of the holster is good, you can tuck your shirt in over the weaponand with the Y hook on a black belt you can not see the holster, but you do have a mysterious bulge on your hip. I think the XD is too bulky of a weapon for the tuckable part to work well. If you wear baggy pants(more so than I anyway) it could work for you. I still think this holster is great, I just don't tuck.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts