Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I know coming to a Springfield forum there will be some bias. Buuuttt, that aside, people that have had both what are your thoughts. I just recently sold my G20.3 bc while I could shoot it well & had a great factory trigger, it was as most say..wide in the grip. I reload 40/10 so I'm looking to replace with a Gen 4 20/40 or the XDM 10mm. I have access to hold all 3 but wanted more from people that have them or have shot them. This would be strictly for range & possible vehicle carry. I have plenty of SD ammo for 10 so really this comes down to the gun itself. Also should point out that pricing isn't too much concern. I get blue label on Glock & can get dealer employee pricing on Springfield.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
That's an easy one for me, Glocks never felt right in my hand.
I don't own a 10mm, but my 9mm Tactical is fine for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't be totally opposed to the XDm Elite. I have the PPQ Q5 Match & TP9SFx. So those would help round out the competition style guns.
Just really looking to replace my 10mm gun

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like the gen 5 Glocks, the XDm elites are only 9mm. Who knows if that'll change in the future. You mention that the gen 3 20 felt too wide. I think the gen 4 20 is equally wide. To me, the XDm feels much better in my hands than a Glock. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,679 Posts
It depends.

If you like to swap out triggers, barrels, etc...go Glock. The aftermarket for them is infinitely better.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Like the gen 5 Glocks, the XDm elites are only 9mm. Who knows if that'll change in the future. You mention that the gen 3 20 felt too wide. I think the gen 4 20 is equally wide. To me, the XDm feels much better in my hands than a Glock. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
If I remember correctly the Gen 3 20 is bigger than the Gen 4 20. The Gen 4 I think is the same size as the Gen 3 20SF.
I don't do Glock so that is just from memory of reading something years ago.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The Glock would be better of the two discussed. There are more after market parts, better magazines, lower bore axis, etc.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I own a EAA Witness Elite 10 MM a great gun, but the heaviest ten I own. It would get heavy after 250 rounds at the range, let alone carrying it somewhere, like a walk thru the woods, and it has a 1911 like thumb safety that some might object to.

I own Glock 20 and 29 10 MM's. I like the full size grip on the 20 better, but with a X-Grip sleeve for a G-20 magazine, it makes the 29 very versatile. Both are Gen 4's and while not my favorites I keep them.

I have a XDM10 4.5 and it is most similar to the G-20, but the XDM10 has a edge with a better grip angle and less circumference in areas that count. It has better factory sights for me, there are people who like Glock sights, but they stay in a closet somewhere. I like the loaded chamber indicator especially at night and it is tactile and visual. There isn't a lot of difference if you are a Glock person with bigger hands.

Finally I have a XDM10 5.25. It has different, better sights compared to the 4.5 and longer sight radius. My wife claims it has better balance and I agree. It came with three magazines vs two for 4.5. My wife, a Glock girl, put a OLight on the 5.25 and claimed it for her own. If I could only have one it would be the 5.25.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now we're talking. So I was thinking the Gen 4 20 was like the Gen 3 20SF too. Also, I am thinking with the match grade barrel & 'unsupported chamber' of the Glock, I'll probably go with the XDm 10mm 5.25". I know I could go aftermarket for barrels but would rather the factory one be reliable for any of the Buffalo Bore, Underwood, DoubleTap or any home reloads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My personal preference and recommendation would be the XDm. The is no 10mm Elite, so one of the available regular XDm versions. With just a few springs from PRP, you can make it scream.

The 10mm Glocks are not bad at all, but for me, one must change more parts to deal with that trigger.

Now if you are looking at a project gun, where you get it just in order to customize everything, then the aftermarket choices are richer for Glock. There are a lot of choices for XDms too, but that pales in comparison.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've never been a gluck guy. I've shot 'em many times and I don't care for the looks and feel, but more critically, don't like the trigger and sights. I've never been an SA guy either, but I am a 10mm guy. I have 10mms in 1911 and revolver platforms, but wanted a full size semi-auto poly gun with higher capacity. Not many options, and my preferred gun makers don't make one. So I got me the XDM10 5.5", tuned it with Wolff springs and I've ended up with a very shootable, rugged, accurate and pleasant range gun with a decent trigger that doesn't go "sproing". For me, it's a bit large for vehicle carry, but can be done. Until the other guys wise up, this is the cat's meow for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts