Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(.......................) consider all the glock basshing already addressed in the parenthesis.

Now, i bought a beautiful g19 OD at a gun show about 3 weeks ago and just got out to shoot it for the first time this sunday. i must say i was impressed. ive shot a few glocks before and didnt care for em but never a g19. it fit the hand very well and accuarcy was superb. Sorry didnt save any targets so im sure there will be skeptics ;) but i was easily able to shoot out the 10 ring. nothing but a big 3in hole. havent been able to do that with my xd9sc but then again not really supposed to be a plinker is it. for the record i will forever give praise to the XD family but i must also praise the g19. Not glocks in general, just the g19 lol! heresa a pic of it with my xd9sc and sry before hand about the crappy blurry phone pic. all i got!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! :)

I know there is some Glock-bashing here, but I would bet a lot of it is good-natured with maybe some grudging respect. They make fine pistols that seem to be the benchmark for polymer frame guns.

I was speaking with my BIL a couple days ago about pistols. He's been an LEO and is still in LE. He loves his Glock. I'll have to have him try out my XD sometime. I bet he'll like it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i know its all in good fun! thats one of the main reasons i love this forum. we all love the XD be we dont have these fanboys like other places i wont mention (glocktalk). u know ur in a good place when u can ask people about a gun thats not in the name of the forum and get good positive feed back. i almost wish it wasnt so enjoyable to be on here all the freakin time cause i think i spend waaay to much time here lol! :grin:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I dont really like glocks but have been curious about the slim framed sub compacts..personally as i sd i really dont like them but i never forget they are regaurded as a hell and back pistol or as i say the ak's of the handgun world..although i must say in defense of the xd theyre catchin up real quick and still my favorite polymer gun. nice gun ya got there

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks charlie. i believe ur talking about the g36. its the only slimline glock. its 6+1 single stacked. held one and it feels retartded in my hand. its not for those witht he big paws. just MHO tho.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
thanks charlie. i believe ur talking about the g36. its the only slimline glock. its 6+1 single stacked. held one and it feels retartded in my hand. its not for those witht he big paws. just MHO tho.
Not exactly. Glock has introduced a SF frame that has reduced the space in the back strap.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do u mean "short frame"? as in the 21SF and the 30SF. the "slim line" refers to the single stack frame of the only slim line glock, the g36!

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
do u mean "short frame"? as in the 21SF and the 30SF. the "slim line" refers to the single stack frame of the only slim line glock, the g36!
yep... I read through his post and tagged the slim frame quote. Slimline is correct for the 36.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sweet. I'm picking up my new OD Glock 19 today. Sadly, I probably won't make it to the range until Friday.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Nice gun, the only reason I don't like those tan frames is because the gun looks so good with it that you don't want to mess it up by shooting it.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Yeah, I too have thought about picking up a Glock SF30. Hold one in your hand...they're not bad at all. Personally, I did not care for the 36...its slimmer frame seemed to dig into the palm of my hand more than the 30.

Doesn't surprise me that you shot well with the Glock...I have always done some pretty decent shooting with the Glock 17 and 22.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
The compact Glock frame is the only one I like. I love the G19 as it fits my hand perfectly. No so for the full size Glock which I hate. Im currently debating getting a second Glock 19 or a smith snub nose wheel gun.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
ahh its cool i got medium hands so it shouldnt bug me much. The only glock i've ever shot was a g22 and man i couldn't hit crap with it most of the time because that damned backstrap felt horrible to me, yet my bother picks it up and shoots a whole magazine -1 flyer into a 9" circle target at 15yrds ughh i only hit the damned target 7 times outaa 14 0r 16rnds? coulda been inexperience with the .40 cal rnd too but who knows.:roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts