Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the heck is the deal with GLOCK recoil rods? Someone post a pic and tell me where it's supposed to stay at, please. I had been assuming that something was wrong with my G20 because the recoil rod, when you field strip it, almost falls out. It's butted up against the "big" lump on the part part where the rod goes. If that makes any sense.

Cheap plastic crap. Serves me right for buying a stupid GLOCK in the first place. Shoulda got that XD45 Service model instead.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
What the heck is the deal with GLOCK recoil rods? Someone post a pic and tell me where it's supposed to stay at, please. I had been assuming that something was wrong with my G20 because the recoil rod, when you field strip it, almost falls out. It's butted up against the "big" lump on the part part where the rod goes. If that makes any sense.

Cheap plastic crap. Serves me right for buying a stupid GLOCK in the first place. Shoulda got that XD45 Service model instead.
Just shoot the Glock and be happy . I love my XD9 but my Glocks are my "old reliables" . As long as you put it togather correctly and it shoots , then dont worry . The frame holds togather good and its made of "cheap plastic" ;);)
I have carried a Glock 22 as an officer for 11yrs and had no problems nor malfuntions with it . By the way , XD's have "cheap plastic" too:lol:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
When I dissassemble my Glocks the guide-rod is not always where it should be , but it always shoots great . There are 2 notches and it is either on one or the other right near the locking block .

·
Registered
29,759 Posts
It's supposed to stay in the semi-circle cut in front of the lug.

I can't quite visualize what you're describing...you do have the big end of the guide rod at the rear, and the small end going in the smaller hole at the front of the slide, right?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your help, the situation is resolved.

I got this gun Saturday, didn't get a chance to shoot a round through it. Field stripped it today to give it a pre-shooting cleaning. Looked around at it while it was field stripped.

Noticed that the guide rail was cracked on the right side (as you're holding the gun and it's facing away from you, barrel in the front, it would be the right side).

I called up the gun shop and explained the situation. They said to bring it on in. I brought it in, showed the salesman, asked him if I could trade it in for another gun. He said something about sending the frame in, which I thought was his way of telling me I was going to have to keep that gun and let GLOCK fix it. I told him I had no confidence in the gun and again asked if I could trade it in. He said "Sure, no problem".

Got an XD45 Service.

I had 40 bucks credit left after the prices were swapped, so I got a holster and a magazine from them, as a way of showing appreciation to them, and I thanked him for taking care of me the way he did. He said "No problem".

So don't go thinking there are no good guys left in the gun selling world. They could have told me to let GLOCK take care of the problem and been 100% in their rights to do so legally, but they didn't do that. I'm very appreciative to them and will do business with them again in the future.

My XD45 Service is sitting by my computer monitor as I write this. Welcome home, XD.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
All i know is the glock 21SF and glock 19 will probably be the only two glocks I buy. They're both freakin sweet.

·
Registered
29,759 Posts
You couldn't give me a GLOCK at this point.
I feel the same way about XDM's.:p

Well, OK, you COULD give me one...but I'd just trade it off for another Glock.:shock:

It's too bad that you got a bum pistol from them. I've owned 9, and have never had something like that happen. But if the same thing happened to me, yeah, I'd probably swear off that particular pistol as well.

Enjoy your XD45.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not gonna bash GLOCK, they've got a great track record, I just got burned on this one and my G20 is also cracked up. I'm going to try to get GLOCK to fix the 20.

I also don't care for the XDm at all.

I love my 20. It really sucks that it's messed up. I also had a Ruger P90 that was a lemon. I have crappy luck with guns, apparently. And no, it's not me abusing them or neglecting them. I've had 15, and 3 were lemons. The other 12 are still in outstanding shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts