Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my MidwayUSA email today, and they have 4 or 5 Wolff recoil springs on sale.

If I normally shoot Federal Champion (red box) would an extra power spring benefit me?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Do you have a recoil or slide function problem you are trying to solve now? If not, probably no benefit. However, a couple inexpensive recoil springs are not a bad thing to have on hand. Your current spring could eventually wear, but more likely get damaged while removed from the pistol (stepped on). Also you may just want to find out what effect different spring weight have, in addition to an onhand stock spring. As long as you do not go too far from stock there is little chance of any damage.
For maximum all around relibility with most all commercial ammunitions, the stock weight spring is usually best. But if you are shooting competition, or normally shoot mostly all really hot or really light loads a change of spring weight could help. Why not get an inexpensive tuning pack (three weights-one light, one stock, one heavy) and see. If this is a CCW pistol, be sure your carry ammo functions 100% with any change of spring weight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts