Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On paper, it looks like a fabulous round, but never seemed to hit its stride in the free market.

Is this round dying? Resurgent? Or going to stay steady as a semi boutique round, staying in a hover, just over 44mag prices?

·
Premium Member
22,590 Posts
I sure hope it's here to stay. I still want a S&W model 57 to accompany my Black Hawk in .41 Mag.

Reactions: Cuda66

·
Registered
29,897 Posts
I don’t think it’s dying…it’s been around for a long time.

Personally, I prefer it over .44 mag.

·
Registered
29,897 Posts
I sure hope it's here to stay. I still want a S&W model 57 to accompany my Black Hawk in .41 Mag.
I’ve got two 657’s; a 7.5” Hunter and a 3” Performance Center…

But I really want a 58.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a Ruger Blackhawk in .41 Mag. 1971 vintage.

My Dad left it for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
1. The .41 mag came into existence too late in the game, and didn't get Hollywood's support like the .44 mag did.
2. It's a rimmed, revolver-only caliber.
3. There's no .41 spcl (unless you're a Wildcatter).
4. The more popular as of late 10mm auto gets you almost there, in semi-auto or revolver platform, which is good enough for most.

Not unlike my 6mm Remington, it's an excellent caliber, but the .41 mag has no future, IMO.

·
Registered
29,897 Posts
1. The .41 mag came into existence too late in the game, and didn't get Hollywood's support like the .44 mag did.
2. It's a rimmed, revolver-only caliber.
3. There's no .41 spcl (unless you're a Wildcatter).
4. The more popular as of late 10mm auto gets you almost there, in semi-auto or revolver platform, which is good enough for most.

Not unlike my 6mm Remington, it's an excellent caliber, but the .41 mag has no future, IMO.
No, the latest 10mm does NOT get you almost there…unless you think the latest .40 gets you “almost there” to 10mm.

10mm is the equivalent of .357 magnum, until you get over 200gr bullet weights, where options for the .357 dry up.

.41 mag smokes 10mm in both weight and velocity, when an honest comparison is made (not cherry picking weak .41 loads and the hottest 10mm loads).

And there is a .41 mag auto—the Desert Eagle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts