Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to start things off, this thread is meant to discuss planning/preparation for future gun-related things. I’m not here to discuss why a particular policy/administration is right or wrong or anything like that.

Given that many of us have built up ammo reserves for lean times (or any number of other reasons), I was wondering what other gun-related items might you be buying in advance? Spare parts? Multiples of existing guns? I ask because it looks like we may be in for a very bumpy ride with the new administration. Not because of Biden by himself, but the combination of him, plus a majority blue House and Senate.

In anticipation of potential coming mag restrictions, I recently picked up a few 10-round magazines for my various Glock pistols. I wanted to beat the rush (if there is one) on magazine sales and further inflated pricing. I figure, it can go one of a few ways:
  • “High-capacity” mags are banned and only 10-rounders are approved (I prepared sufficiently).
  • The new definition of “high-capacity” takes it below 10-rounds (I wasted my money).
  • No new magazine restrictions (I use the 10-rounders for range/competition or sell them).
Of course, I can’t predict the future, but I know how challenging the recent gun/ammo market has been and I don’t want to be caught flat-footed, so to speak.

·
Registered
19,880 Posts
some time ago, I picked up a lower for each of my kids, along with a few mags per.

·
16,345 Posts
I see no need to buy 10 rounders... but it's not totally crazy. To not deal with a rush is solid reasoning.

Other than ammo... which there isn't right now... spare parts are always good. But I only really think in terms of just having on hand for convenience instead of necessity. Like I would not expect a "run" on main springs. I replace all my springs with some good silicone so they should all last way longer than I use them. But of course stuff breaks. I have multiples of springs for all my stuff. Heck, I upgrade parts but have all my originals.

One thing... holsters and slings. Those evaporate. I have a couple I would never CC, but I would put on my hip. And in crazy times, you just might want OWB holsters for most your stuff. That could really mean just generics, nothing fancy, to fit most your large frame pistols. Also mag holder. You can put mags in pockets, but a couple doubles may be useful.

Any electronics.... batteries, batteries, batteries, batteries...

I finally decided to start reloading. But right now... nothing anywhere. So that will have to happen when ever things get uncrazy. I mean there are no primers, so what are you going to do. Everything is sold on GB, but 3-4X normal prices. A 1000 large rifle primers are going for $200-$300. Nuts.

Reactions: LivingUpNorth

·
Registered
529 Posts
The incoming administration has already made their plans known to end the online sale, including gun parts.

Spring kits, mags, tools, lube and as said above holsters. Anything you think you may need.

That said, what's a better set of spare parts then a duplicate of what you have?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
2 is one, 1 is one. You might consider picking one or two of your preferred guns and buying a second of each.

Ammo. Kinda late if one already hasn't acquired it.

In WA State we have SB 5078 proposed to limit high-capacity magazines. I've read the legislation and I think it might get voted in this year.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just received delivery of a STRIKEMAN training system so I wouldn’t burn ammo at the range.
I got one for Christmas. Works pretty well. I'll mostly use it for first-shot accuracy tracking while moving, but I think it will also get my girlfriend pulling the trigger more, which is a good thing.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
At the risk it might kill this great forum, a prepper might want to consider not posting anything more about their personal firearms. It will not be long before the tech industry helps the administration data mine for weapons information. Unfortunately I have sold all my firearms, and am just here for the occasional funny meme, gif or hot redhead.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the risk it might kill this great forum, a prepper might want to consider not posting anything more about their personal firearms. It will not be long before the tech industry helps the administration data mine for weapons information. Unfortunately I have sold all my firearms, and am just here for the occasional funny meme, gif or hot redhead.
I also see that as a possibility, but I think if anyone is on a gun forum now, it’s probably too late.

Now that you mention it, I think it’s a good time to sell all my guns and ammo and get a new hobby. It’s a seller’s market, you know ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Exactly the mindset that is the reason the left is winning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts