Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who has the fusion finish, how is it wearing? Also, if there are any new pics that would be great. Anyone try it with a color other than black?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Between matches and dryfire I'd say it's been in and out of my kydex holster a couple thousand times. Basically though I'd say it looks as good as the day I got it back from Rich (about 4 months ago).

Don't have any recent pics handy, it's Black Fusion so nothing you haven't seen from the sound of it. I'll try to snap a recent pic and post it later.

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have had mine back for about 3 months, and have done a bunch of dryfire draws, and live fire draws, and 8 or 10 matches with no sign of wear. I took some pics, but have no idea how to post them.
Even if I could post them the pics don't do justice to the finish. It is some thing you have to see in person to be able to get a good look at. It seems to pick up color from what ever is around it making it hard to tell what color it realy is.
If you like a two tone finish send it to Rich, and you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm going to go ahead with the fusion finish. My other choice is the NP3 finish from robar because they do the internals of the gun too. I don't know if refinishing the internals really makes a difference or not but it sounded good. Maybe it's easier to clean. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
259 Posts
This is a picture of my OD SC with a Canyon Creek OD Fusion Finish. I did not care for the Original Black slide, so I had Rich refinish it.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Just curious what the refinish cost you?

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Just curious what kind of finish is the slide? I emailed rich about going from the black look to like brushed chrome or something similiar and he said he doesn't do plating?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts