Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at the range we had some punk trying to act like a gangbanger in the lane next to us. Using what else, a glock. baggy pants and baseball hat turned to the side, holding it one handed sideways trying to impress his girl. I started laughing out loud. He looks over, gives me his meanest glare (which made me laugh even harder), turns the gun on edge and fires a full mag into his target (which about 2/3 even hit the body).

So being the gentleman, I winked at him, turned and drew my XD, and proceeded to empty 12 rounds into a 2" group in the middle of the head of the target as fast as the trigger could reset, swapped the mags and reholstered, turned to him, and said "you can act like a kid outside of the range, but when here, leave the gangsta stuff in your car please." His girlfriend almost fell over laughing.

Before he left, he came over to me while I was sitting at the back and quietly asked when my next class would be. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Tell him at the 7-11 if he has a learning disablity.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
is this at the public range? Shots go towards the east?
I've been up there for the first time in the early 80s, a few times in the 90s. Had some good times there with friends. :lol:

When I see "goofs" like that at the range, it is time for me to take a break untill they leave or come back some other day. I just can't trust people like that around. Not good for my safety or anyone else.

He may not know it, but he already took his first class from you. :wink: I hope it helped.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, the Carson Range. I try to avoid people like that as well, but it was suprisingly crowded yesterday even though it was cold. I have found a nice way to discourage idiots though. I break out the Nagant and let loose a couple rounds of 7.62x54R. The noise alone almost always gets their attention. :)
We were on the right range this time though since we were setting up a qualification course, so we were using the whole section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts