Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surpised when i did the math. I assumed differant.
Figuring the short mag. capacity and one in the chamber of both the XDSC9 and the XDSC40. And with 124gr. 9mm vs. 165 gr. 40cal.
The .40 cal came out less weight
Is this still true in real application once you figure in the casing and powder ??
Looking to purchase a SC, so considering everything. Have not shot a .40 cal. Do have a 357 Mag. and am ok with that. Will have to try to rent one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
XD 40 Subcompact all the way. The snap is quite manageable. If you want a 9mm, go with the XDm 3.8 Compact 9.

I shoot tighter groups with my bone stock Sub 40 over my Springer triggered XDm compact 9.

·
Registered
612 Posts
XD 40 Subcompact all the way. The snap is quite manageable. If you want a 9mm, go with the XDm 3.8 Compact 9.

I shoot tighter groups with my bone stock Sub 40 over my Springer triggered XDm compact 9.
Same as this guy. Maybe its because I'm more used to my 40sc though.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Either is a great carry weapon. I prefer the round count advantage of the XD9SC. I'm also slightly faster on followups with it than with the XD40SC. Fully loaded, I think the weight difference will be negligible.

Bottom line: Carry what you soot best.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
You can learn to shoot a small gun with a powerful round quite well. BUT, it's harder to do and will magnify any tendency to flinch. I usually would recommend 9mm or even .45 over .40 in a SC, but as you have .357 magnum practice you're probably good to go with anything you want to shoot.

Keltyke's advice is excellent. Carry what you shoot best. Only way to learn what that is involves shooting each caliber. Reliably hitting the "stop button" is more important than having more bullets or 100 more ft-lb of energy. Don't forget to post back with pictures of your new gun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts