Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a full cap. mag for the 9-SC? Or do they only sell 10 rounders? I know that you can make a higher cap. mag from a 40-SC mag, but I would like to buy one specifically for the 9 for legality resons. (LE can get full caps in CA)

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been looking for the same thing. They have changed fullsize 9 mags from 15 to 16 to match the modified .40 mags.

dark_syde99 said:
I would like to buy one specifically for the 9 for legality resons.
I agree, I don't want to be on the stand and have a lawyer telling the jury that I "created" a hi-cap mag.

I have not heard anything about Springfield making any but they also seem to be having a hard time keeping up with the demand for the sleeved mags. Maybe sometime in the future when sales of XD level off and they need to sell more accessories to make their profit margins. :wink:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If you are LE what is the difference? I would just use a .40 mag. It would be different if a civilian was doing so in a state that prohibeted hi-cap but isnt LE exempt from this any way?

I guess I am lucky to live and a state that doesnt get insane about the number of rounds in your mag. In fact Indiana is about as easy going as it gets.
I carry a .40 mag in my 9mm and don't think twice about it. I am only going to shoot someone if I HAVE to and the extra couple of rounds MAY save my a$$.

If you had a .40 hi cap mag with sleeve in your 9mm SC you could have 17+1. That is a bunch. I personally carry the standard size .40 SC mag in my 9 for 13+1.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jacob Staff said:
Maybe sometime in the future when sales of XD level off and they need to sell more accessories to make their profit margins. :wink:
I hope so too.....

DJDan said:
If you are LE what is the difference? I would just use a .40 mag. It would be different if a civilian was doing so in a state that prohibeted hi-cap but isnt LE exempt from this any way?
Yes and no- Yes I can BUY a high cap. No it probably isn't a great idea to manufacture one. I will probably not be charged with a crime for possesing a modified .40 mag, however, I do not want to be on the stand when one of these cookey lawyers starts ranting about a rouge officer whom is a gun nut and has made his own magazines from a magazine for a different weapon so that he can blow away whomever decides to get in his way.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Personally I think its more risky for LE to use modified magaiznes. It is very easy to prove that they are a "professional" in their field and should know better.

I have read the arguements about not having lighter triggers, not using reloads, etc, etc, etc about liability.

However, think of it this way. If you HAVE to use deadly force in a self defense situtation, you better be justified in shooting. Once that happens are you worried about living or liability? Personally, I would rather bealive to be sued than dead and not be held "liable".

Lets face it, if you shoot someone in true self defense, it isn;t going to be a pleasant experience. I doubt having a 9/40 mag would change it much. Either you have a good shoot in a state that is friendly towards it and you have little problem, you have a good shoot in a non friendly state and you have some problems, or you have a bad shoot. If you have a bad shoot, you have much bigger problems than the above modifications.

-Dana

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here's my take on this, FWIW:
If you spend too much time worrying about being sued, you shouldn't be carrying in the first place. You will end up second-guessing your draw and end up dead.
Second; use the 40sc mags! If you use Pearce extensions there are no markings on them to indicate what model they are for, and the only modification needed (IF needed) is adjusting the feed lips slightly. They will still function as intended. You are not manufacturing anything.

Put more time and effort in hitting your intended target, and less in worrying about the scary lawyers.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
garyk said:
Here's my take on this, FWIW:
If you spend too much time worrying about being sued, you shouldn't be carrying in the first place. You will end up second-guessing your draw and end up dead.
Second; use the 40sc mags! If you use Pearce extensions there are no markings on them to indicate what model they are for, and the only modification needed (IF needed) is adjusting the feed lips slightly. They will still function as intended. You are not manufacturing anything.

Put more time and effort in hitting your intended target, and less in worrying about the scary lawyers.
He's a cop, Gary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts