Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if there are any states and which ones they are that you can have a full auto rifle? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Uh, alot of them. Just need the proper paperwork and stamps.

Paperwork and stamps = $$$

Check here for a complete list... State Laws

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Ohio, for one. With proper Tax Stamp. Which isn't cheap or fun to obtain.

Why would you want an auto? Really? Granted, I do not know your financial status, but I know I do alright, but damn sure cannot afford the ammo to have a full-auto.

Tax-Stamp $250
Rifle $6000 to $60000 depending on what you get.
Ammo = Endless cost.

Not for me.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Didn't Kansas pass a law making them legal without paperwork??? or I could just be loosing my mind.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I thought I would like to get a full auto at one time, maybe something like an mp5 or...heck whatever. Then I got to thinking about the points Sig just made...and the extra surface area on the "radar" and decided naaaaah

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
I thought I would like to get a full auto at one time, maybe something like an mp5 or...heck whatever. Then I got to thinking about the points Sig just made...and the extra surface area on the "radar" and decided naaaaah
And, BOY, does having a tax-stamp for a full auto increase the Radar Signature with the ATF. Hell, some people worry about the C & R licenses. I am here to tell you, the ATF doesn't give two hoots about an old bolt action Mauser as compared to a full-auto.

·
Registered
178 Posts
And, BOY, does having a tax-stamp for a full auto increase the Radar Signature with the ATF. Hell, some people worry about the C & R licenses. I am here to tell you, the ATF doesn't give two hoots about an old bolt action Mauser as compared to a full-auto.
Kinda what I figured. The same process is what kept me from doing it for a "can" that and by the time you figure the stamp, the "can" and another barrell...this redneck don't make THAT kind of money :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope i absoutly cannot afford one but i was just wondering. i just got 2 pistol permits i have to use by the end of december and dont no how im gona get the money to do that yet. haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im dying to get an AR type rilfe but can'n afford that yet either. is it generaly cheaper to buy or build an AR? im not lookin to spend a fortune when the times rite or to have anything to fancy just somthing basic

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
I have two close personal friends that have NFA Registered full-autos. They used to invite me all of the time to go shoot them. And I did many times a few years back. The only catch was that you had to chip in for ammo. No problem 4 years ago. My buddy reloaded and ammo was cheaper to begin with. Now, he cannot get ANYONE to take him up on his offer.

I squeeze the trigger on the Uzi twice, and belch 30 rounds downrange in the blink of an eye. It cost me $12.00 for 6 seconds of entertainment. Would rather spend that on a beer and wings and enjoy it longer. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have two close personal friends that have NFA Registered full-autos. They used to invite me all of the time to go shoot them. And I did many times a few years back. The only catch was that you had to chip in for ammo. No problem 4 years ago. My buddy reloaded and ammo was cheaper to begin with. Now, he cannot get ANYONE to take him up on his offer.

I squeeze the trigger on the Uzi twice, and belch 30 rounds downrange in the blink of an eye. It cost me $12.00 for 6 seconds of entertainment. Would rather spend that on a beer and wings and enjoy it longer. :mrgreen:
Crappy thing is, even at 35, I guess I've reached the age that those wings and beer give me several hours of enjoyment after they've been eaten...though my wife wouldn't classify it as "enjoyment" more like toxic warfare.

·
Registered
975 Posts
That is so true! There are a couple guys I go shooting with that have some full auto toys and that stuff gets expensive quick. It's fun to try them once but thats about all my wallet can handle.

-Derek

·
Registered
219 Posts
if i could ever win the lotto i would have one, but i can see if i ever win the lotto i would be broke shortly after but i would have alot of guns

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Didn't Kansas pass a law making them legal without paperwork??? or I could just be loosing my mind.
no a state can not down grade or ignore federal laws but can expand on them the Tax Stamp is a Federal Stamp.

full auto is no different or any harder than getting a Can or SBR and can even be purchased through a Living trust,

most people that are going to jump through the hoops to buy legally transferable full Auto are not going to be out breaking the laws,

Criminals on the other hand will manufacture or buy stolen illegal full autos before spending the kinda money that the transferable full autos bring,

and the full auto HK MP5s are like $25k stamp not included

i know a guy who just bought this full auto recently.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
easy to do

1 - 20 of 27 Posts