Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having FTE problems as of late. It didnt start happening until i cleaned my XD for the first time with Hoppes number nine. But I havent had any problem with CCI Blazers just with the Win. ammo. Anybody ever have this problem??

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a few fail to extract completely a few days ago. I bought a Dremel polishing kit and polished my chamber with the provided paste and polishing tip. My problem went away. Some of my failures to extract extract looked almost like failure to eject problem. The case was being partially pulled out of the chamber and then forcibly jammed back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same FTE problem with S & B Ammo (9mm- same ammo used by SA to test the XD at the factory) after about 4000-5000 rds. Sent the weap back to SA for service and they "tuned the extractor" - got it back and still had the same problem - FTE every 2nd or third clip. I took the barrel and soaked it in Hoppe's # 9 for 20-30 min and cleaned the bore - haven't had a FTE in more than1500 rds. It's worth a try and it's cheap and easy too.

I think maybe there are some tiny stress fractures in the breech that had been packed with power residue - due to the tight tolerances of the XD barrel, it wouldn't take much to grab onto an expanded case and keep it from extracting.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I wouldn't start polsihing the inside of your chamber. 2 smooth surfaces together create suction. Ever try to pull a piece of glass off another piece of glass?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I didnt have any trouble with it at all until I cleaned it for the first time. Oh and the problem is that the casing will be halfway out of the barrel and get jammed on the next one out of the clip but it only does it when I use Winchester ammo. I cant figure it out. I can use CCI now and no problem.
But I used Win. for a long time and had no problems until my cleaning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts