Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad has a XD-9 that ran perfectly for 800 rnds. we cleaned it once during that time and there was no problem. then we cleaned after 800 rnds. he then started to have FTE every 2-4 mags for 500 rnds (he took a class). he has used 3 types of ammo during the malfuntioning - S&B, Win White box, and fed. am. eagle. it does not seem tobe a magazine problem. however, the fte are getting less frequent, so i'm thinking it might be a lube problem.

i did a search and found some references to this problem, but no real thread addressing what this problem is and how to fix it.

any and all help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have had failure to extract problems with two different XD-9's using Winchester White Box and Sellier & Bellot ammo. I have not had any problems with Federal American Eagle ammo. Try using only American Eagle and see if the problem still occurs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had FTE's with my XD-9 it got so bad it was 1 in every 3 rounds...It was REALLY pissin me off...so i replaced the extractor guide rod and spring and switched from WWB to S&B and i have not had any FTE's from S&b so far. I bought the extractor, Don's guide rod and wolf spring from JAmes.

www.xd-hs2000.com

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Have a competent gunsmith increase the camber on your extractor hook and tune the tension. I had the same problem, not ammo based FTEs in my XD-9. The XD extractor is finicky and could be improved on. My FTE issue was as high as 60% before fix. Now I have had no problems for about 2500 rounds since my smith fixed it. You can send it to Springfield for repair but that I found out is a crap shoot. I had mine repaired by SA and the problem resurfaced within 1200 rounds.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would provide a second to the above posting. Find a good gun smith, you can have your extractor replaced for that matter for just a few dollars.
I would not send it to Springfield just yet, it will take a while for it to return. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts