Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm looking at getting a FN FS2000 or a KelTec RFB,
the cheapest locally I can get the FS2000 for $2099 and the RFB for $1289 and wanted input on them and what everyone else thinks or would go for and why.
I'm going to spend $1000+ on one or the other so I better choose well.

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have only shot the RFB and I loved it. I'm right handed for pistol shooting but left handed for rifles. I don't know about the FS2000 so I don't know if it's ambidextrous or not but that feature in the RFB and the way it shot sold me on the it. Now only to find one sigh.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just sent you PM with a link to a website that has the FS2000 for $1549. I'm not sure if the forum rules probhit posting links to vendors that are not sponsors on the public forum.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have a FS2000, and I am very pleased with it. Operation is totally ambidextrous (spent brass ejects forward,) takes AR15 mags, made in Belgium, assembled in the US, has a lifetime warranty from FNH, and the design has seen combat (well, the select-fire F2000 has.)

I prefer the FS2000 because that's what I have. You can definitely get it for less than $2099 (I paid 1600 for mine on gunbroker three years ago,) but probably not for $1289.

There aren't a whole lot of major differences between the two. Mags are easy to acquire for both (the RFB takes FAL mags, if I am not mistaken,) both designs are ambidextrous and forward ejecting, and both have a top rail for optics. The forward ejection systems look similar also. The FS2000 was developed first, though, and has had more time to prove itself.

Being bullpups, they aren't exactly designed for long-range precision shooting (though the RFB has a "target" model with a long barrel; kind of defeats the purpose.)

So which would you rather shoot more of; 5.56 or .308?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I owned a fs2000 and really liked it i just came across a few other things I wanted more and sold it but when i bought it i got it for 1350 new and was extremely impressed with the accuracy at 150 yards it was pinpoint wile standing without a rest the only problems I ever had was that it wont take a my magpul mags and it was quite loud (a bit more than an ar15) but other than that it is an awesome gun I would definitely recomend it or get another if i came across it

·
Registered
460 Posts
if it were me I'd save up a little longer and get the FS2000

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I have both and I can't really choose between them.

The RFB is more gun for $1300 than the fs2000 is tor $2000 though. I only gave $1600 for my fs2000 and felt guilty about that.

For shooting fun, the fs2000.
End of the world, need to hunt deer and stuff, the RFB.

For shooting a lot, ammo cost, the fs2000.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I've been off for a wile but I'm back and got the CQB FS2K, funny story so some guy bought this one at the Bob Wards in Missoula for $3000 and shot 50 rounds through it and hated it, BW apparently didn't want to take it back so he sold it to a local gun store, and I picked it up for $1400 damn it was a steal ha-ha.

Love the rifle, it holds nice and balanced well. Now all i need to do is get a good optic for it, I'm thinking of an Eotech with one of their magnifiers or a ACOG. any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I trust FN Herstel a lot more than Kel-Tec

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Azo, I just noticed your avatar is Demon Hunter's "Summer of Darkness" album cover. Awesome.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to look them up, the avatar is Zero from the MegamanZ series, I just can't get the gif to play as an avatar, he shoots up and slashes some badies is all it does. I'll post a like to it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'll take this as a sign.
I came to the Site to leave feedback for an xd I bought and thought I'd check our bullpup form here.
I have a tavor and an aug cqc, both unfired, and an fs2k still in the sealed box. I read that the replica front handguard of the PS90 will be available soon. That got me thinking maybe I should drink the koolaid and open my FNH shipping carton!

I think I may take her out if I ever get my job situation straightened out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love my FS2K, fastest return to zero I have ever had with any rifle (that's including my brothers AR) the backup sights are just that used for backup but are spot on.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk, so Mac users can suck it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Get the FS2000; if they would have had one in the display case I would have bought that instead of my SCAR.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
I see it as kind of a Porsche vs. Mustang thing....either will run circles around my minivan....:D

I can see myself possibly getting a RFB at some point, but I think I quenched the hunger for an over intermediate round EBR with my 6.8spc. FS2000....I'm sure its a great gun and all, but there are so many holes in my collections, I can't see plunking down that much cash for 1 gun that would take the place of something I already have. Its been almost 20 years since I last fired a revolver. I've never even shot a lever, pump action or 1911. I'd love to get a gun that would make everyone say "Why do you have that? It is far too much gun for anything on this continent!". A dependable mouse gun or two would be nice. Not to mention; I'd like to save up enough to blow some cash on hobbies other than my "cheap" one. Honestly, I'd love to build my own guns some day, so I'd probably invest in machine tools before something like the FS. Limited resources require me to prioritize.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I'd go with the FS2000, it is a fun gun, very accurate, high quality and well made. I had to sell mine a year ago. Not sure if they still make them any more, you might want to check on that for future parts and such. Good luck.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got a Vortex Strikefire red/green dot sight with the cantilever mount on it and will be adding the magnifier for it later. Great sight for the price.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk, so Mac users can suck it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts