Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gun was purchased in December 2008 and remained in the box un-fired until 1/3/09 when I took it out to the range and fired exactly 20 rounds through it: (10) Blazer Brass .38s and (10) Federal JHP .357 Magnums

Its surprisingly comfortable even with .357 rounds and the weight is just awesome for carry purposes (my father owns one that I carried for a bit before getting mine).

I have just decided that I would rather have a G36 or perhaps even just take the $$ and save for awhile.

I paid $630 for the gun and would like to get $550 + shipping to your FFL. Face to Face in Virginia is much preferred and would make the cost a flat $550.

This includes everything as you would find with a new gun: Lock, Factory Shell casing, S&W Wax Paper, S&W Box, and I will also throw in the remaining (10) JHP .357s I have left.

Pictures below:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts
That is a neat little gun. I have the Taurus version, otherwise we would talk. But, have a free bump out of it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys!

I've actually received a surprising number of PMs thus far (all have been returned) but there hasn't been a deal struck as of yet.

Thanks again! :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Post it on vaguntrader.com too. It's a site for Virginians to sell thier guns locally.
Can you guys tell me what it takes to have a Face To Face transaction in Virginia?

Unfortunatley the buyer in question doesn't have a CHL, but said he would be able to show me his DL, SS Card, and a 2nd form of address ID. I also asked if he would be able to sign a letter for me stating he has never convicted a felony, has never been judged mentally ill, and is legally able to own a handgun with the commonwealth of Virginia.

I think that would cover it as its a private sale, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
You're safe. I would make up a bill of sale with all those disclaimers on it. Can find on on-line. If you don't feel comfortable with the person, then don't do it. But you're legal.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're safe. I would make up a bill of sale with all those disclaimers on it. Can find on on-line. If you don't feel comfortable with the person, then don't do it. But you're legal.
I think I might skip it as Im not 100% comfortable.

He posted in (3) separate threads on VAGunTrader just tonight (his first night on the site) telling people he was interested in their guns: my 640, a G26, and a Ruger pistol and wanted to buy soon. I asked him why and he said he just wanted to start collecting...clearly these aren't guns for a collection and it just sounds shadey to me. :(

It sounded great as I would like to sell it ASAP for my asking price, but not if I have to feel all shady about it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah it's not worth it if you don't feel right about the sale. If you look online there are tons of "bill of sales" for face to face transactions that you can modify to suit your needs. Also record the serial number on the receipt in case you ever have to show that you sold it and to whom it was sold to.

Was it that guy who is typing in large font? That dude just seems wierd so I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with him.

This is just the reason why I don't think the "gun show loophole" is an issue. Firearm owners are responsible enough to moderate themselves.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was it that guy who is typing in large font? That dude just seems wierd so I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with him.
It wasn't him, but he told (3) guys in a row he wanted to buy their guns and then when I emailed him he said he wanted to do a straight cash transaction but would sign a bill of sale. The fact that he is just buying guns that are available locally with no real regard for what they are kind of worries me. I would much prefer to hang on to it for a legit buyer than to take the money and wonder where that gun might end up.

This is just the reason why I don't think the "gun show loophole" is an issue. Firearm owners are responsible enough to moderate themselves.
I agree. Gun owners simply aren't irresponsible enough to just sell a gun to anyone willy-nilly.

Bump for a nice piece...
Thanks!

I've found another local buyer who is looking to unload (2) handguns to friends and then pick mine up and he is a valid CHL holder which sets my mind at ease. :)

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
...clearly these aren't guns for a collection and it just sounds shadey to me. :(
Trust you own instinct about these things even if you aren't violating the law.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
three posts up it says he sold it for a glock 36

1 - 17 of 17 Posts