Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying a used m&p subcompact and noticed that the person who owned it had removed stuff used to make the white dot on the front sight. is there anything you all know that i could use as a sub or should i just replace the sights.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Gloss white paint.
I have had very good results with car touch up paint. Chevy truck white is the whitest I found.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
you can try different colored paints as well.

there's a few different makers that make paints for the sole purpose of using on gun sights.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
There is also some very good "glow" paint out there too.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I use that model paint you get at WM - comes in little tiny colors. I like a neon green:cool:

·
Registered
480 Posts
You can use a phosphorescent paint. It's fairly cheap and it comes in white or bright green.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Any type of white enamel paint will work and last. I have had great success with testors model paint, nail polish, and auto touch-up paint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was thinking about buying a used m&p subcompact and noticed that the person who owned it had removed stuff used to make the white dot on the front sight. is there anything you all know that i could use as a sub or should i just replace the sights.
The previous owner probably didn't remove the dot intentionally. It is just a little dab of paint and it has a tendency to pop out (Lost the white dot on my M&P last week). I was just planning on using some white model paint but some of the other suggestions seem like they would be better suited for a front sight post.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I used Testor's Fluorescent Orange and White to touch up the sights on my CZ82. Works pretty well and I can refresh it whenever I need to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts