Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently obtained a brand new XD tactical with Trijicon night sights. After shooting a few rounds I noticed that my rounds were consistently going to the right. Figured it was shooter error and shot some more rounds. Still to the right. Looked and noticed that the front sight is not centered in the dovetail. The front sight is too far to the left causing me to throw shots to the right. My question is this...is there a sight tool available for the front sight of this weapon? I found sight tools for the XD on line but it will only work on the rear sight, not the front. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
There are sight tools, but they aren't cheap. You have three other options. 1) Try and punch it over. 2) Have a smith do it. 3) Send the slide to SA and I am sure that they will set you straight. (Lame pun inteded.) ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've seen this many times as the XD front sight dovetail IMO is slightly undersized, making it very hard to install/remove the sight.

If you're brave, soak it in some Kroil and take an appropriate sized brass punch and whack away. I'd also use masking tape, etc to protect the slide from the inevitable miss.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Join the club....The XD-9sc I purchased new in September w/ Trijicon night sights arrived with the front sight so loose in its dovetail that I could move it side-to-side with my finger. The rear sight touched the left index line on the slide, obviously well left of center, bourne out by subsequent testing on the range.

Send it (the slide) back to SA. They will make it right. Twelve days' turn-around time in my case. Based on the volume of posts in this forum that involve bad sight alignment on XDs out of the box, I suggest SA needs to tighten up their quality control as it relates to sight installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts