Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive ran an XD service in 45 for a year or so now. good fine pistol. decided to make it my CCWwhich may seem odd but it conceals well on me. just happy to be here with the finest polymer pistols on earth.

Have a couple thousand rounds through it now. no failures of any kind. a real joy to shoot. finally found a .45 that holds enough rounds for me and im sticking with the XD's from here on out.

$PICT0009-1.jpg

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the welcome guys. the XD is the first firearm i ever bought new. i was on a tight budget. but really needed a quality pistol. alot of gen 3's passed through my grubby fingers but the fact was i just wasnt comfortable shooting them for extended periods of time. i could shoot a 1911 all day but im an american and wanted more rounds. finally i stumbled into a shop that had an xd for sale, 380$ plus the two mags. crappy holster thing. less crappy mag holder. and fantastic mag loader. all in a scary black case :roll: i couldnt pass it up. allowed me to buy alot of ammo as well. and i never looked back. I have a range dedicated to the joy of shooting. no gun snobs allowed who turn up their noses at my collection, and i never imagined you could hit a man size target all day at 100 yards. especially with a 45acp. i couldnt hit a truck at 50 yards with the glocks, which is my fault obviously not the guns fault. but i finally found a pistol that fits in my meat hook hands and doesnt get uncomfortable to shoot even after 250 rounds.

Anyways thats my story. been a fan of all guns since i can remember. if its fun to shoot then i want to own it.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Hello from Texas, and welcome to this great Forum. :p

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia. What holster do you use?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from Pueblo. I have the compact xd in 45 and love it. 10 round flush or 13 round extended. Great gun, btw International Harvester?
you are indeed correct

Welcome to the forum from Georgia. What holster do you use?
just a leather blackhawk southpaw holster. it sits high up in under my ribs so my shirt just falls over it. well. some shirts. if im going open carry i just use blackhawk level 2 cqc holsters

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!