Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went from not owning an xd to owning 3. I have xd40 sc, 40 service, and the tactical 40.
I just returned from the range and can report all function perfect.
My favorite is the service, with the sc close behind.
These are great guns, they come up on the target naturally. Now I have to get a new iwb holster for the service and the sc.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
if you like a service more than a tactical, then you need to shoot them again.
Why???

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have yet to shoot a SC or a Tac. But I do love my Service model .40.
I can see myself owning a SC someday, but I don't see myself w/ a Tactical. In my eyes, they look too long. I imagine it's a nice gun and all, just not for me :?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Service models rule. Tacticals are just guns wanting to be service models. LOL. I own both a tactical and a service and also prefer the service.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I really can't tell the difference between my Service and Tactical, as far as performance goes.

I don't think the Sub Compact is compact enough.

If it had to be just one model XD, then it would have to be a Service. 8)

·
Registered
126 Posts
ive shot all of them, and the tactical has almost no muzzle flip. i can fire off all 12 shots in about 10 seconds and put them all in the exact same spot. it has a more 1911-style recoil, where it kicks back instead of kicking up. allowing you to stay on target more. ive shot the service and it has a little more than the tactical, mind you there is nothing wrong with it, but i think that the recoil issue, coupled with a longer barrel, more weight on the front end of the gun and longer sight radius just make it a much better shooting gun.

but, this is only my opinion, so take it as that :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts