Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Obviously, Starbucks (read, Deep Pockets) is responsible for not properly restraining the good samaritan. The misunderstood perpetrator should have been handed the cash register contents, provided with loaded E-cards and given a latte to sip on the way to his next profitable interaction with a peaceful society.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think the 30 yo BG is just sooo embarrassed that he got handed his ass on a silver platter by an old fart almost twice his age, he’s just looking for *some* way to get back at him! How embarrassing for my boy Ryan!

But in all fairness, Ryan’s problems are “a parent”..... apparent....

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
Perfect, leftists in CA run wild.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
It took awhile, but I finally found a "Comment" defending the felon's (possible) lawsuit.

"I was all set to defend the 'good samaritan' until I read '17 times'. I have to agree that is worse than robbing a starbucks. That guy is a psychopath that was waiting for his chance to kill. He needs to be off the streets."

So there ya go...

It took a little longer for the situation to get turned into a Red State/Blue State anti-Trump snark-fest (mostly ignored by rational commenters), but rest assured... KA liberals can turn anything into politics given enough leeway.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I think the 30 yo BG is just sooo embarrassed that he got handed his ass on a silver platter by an old fart almost twice his age, he’s just looking for *some* way to get back at him! How embarrassing for my boy Ryan!

But in all fairness, Ryan’s problems are “a parent”..... apparent....
Uhhhhh... 58 isn't exactly "an old fart".

Apparently.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I love how people are so quick to blame the good Samaritan. I simply cannot process how a common citizen who confronts a criminal during the commission of the robbery can defend his life with the weapon that he TOOK FROM THE ROBBER and somehow the guy that stopped the robbery is the bad guy...

Some people are apparently so desperate to see the world through a certain lens, that they refuse to accept any semblance of a reality that challenges their preconceptions

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Another reason to
MYOMFB.

I dont own the Starbucks.
He wasnt threatening me or mine
Why should I GAF if he steals from them.

Let him do his thing whilst observing closely for amgood description and call 911.

So much easier because in 9 out of 10 situations the "good guy" will some how become the "bad" guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Odds are the GS will be ‘no billed’ (or should be) by the Judge or Jury; however, IT IS Kalifornia and that’s obviously not enough to stop the bg (or his parents) from costing the GS some additional hassle in his life and probably some out-of-pocket $$. I’d be with Texas40 on this one. I’m not likely to put my life on the line for “a corporation”. Now it’s a completely different answer if my or my family members’ lives are threatened.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Odds are the GS will be ‘no billed’ (or should be) by the Judge or Jury; however, IT IS Kalifornia and that’s obviously not enough to stop the bg (or his parents) from costing the GS some additional hassle in his life and probably some out-of-pocket $$. I’d be with Texas40 on this one. I’m not likely to put my life on the line for “a corporation”. Now it’s a completely different answer if my or my family members’ lives are threatened.
He had a fake gun and a real knife. At the time of the robbery, no one knows gun is fake. If I'm in the restaurant, I interpret that as "my life is in danger" and I act accordingly.

That means that Captain Intelligence just brought a knife (and a fake gun) to the proverbial gunfight. A gunfight that I plan to win, because my gun is NOT fake...

Kommifornian rainbow-farting libtards can TRY to spin that any way they see fit.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I worked in that stupid city. They sue people there for anything. It is only a money grabbing scheme by one of many shysters there.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Working against this good guy is he was a bit excessive if the punk was indeed stabbed 17 times as reported. Seems getting hit from behind with a chair isn't an issue which I find pretty funny for some reason but that might be because the GS at that point was simply trying to stop the robbery/assault.

In that same situation I'd hope to have the presence of mind to disarm the BG and if possible restrain him until LEO's arrived. Not being part of this I don't know what I'd really do.

Had I been there and legally carrying I'd hope to take a position of cover and observe the BG in an attempt to determine if he was about to physically assault anyone, possibly having my weapon drawn and close to being on target, ready to pull the trigger when/if it was obvious the BG wasn't taking the money and running away.

Perhaps it would serve the hand wringers like this punks mother to slap the GS with a civil fine for "unruly behavior" or something similar----he'd be cited for "excessive" action but not enough to impact him personally or financially forever.

And to the one saying 58 is an "old fart"-----you too will all too quickly reach that age and hopefully you'll return here telling us how you feel at that age! :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Actually I’m the one who said, at 58, he was an old fart. AND I’m well past that age! Didn’t mean anything “offensive” by using that term; sorry it came across that way to some who are reading this thread. I consider myself an “old fart” and I would suggest the age comparison (to the 30 yo bg), to be “relative”. I suspect the bg, considered him to be an ‘old fart’ which made the resulting outcome, all the more unpalatable for him.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Ya old fart.

I'm 51 but I'm constantly battling geezer-creep, ie: CRS, telling kids to get off my lawn, ordering light beer at the disco... you know, sh*t like that. How do you do it? :shock:

I'm only kidding about one of the three examples above, but I'm not saying which one...

cuz I already forgot.

·
Registered
252 Posts
How do “I” do it?
Like Yoda: “Embrace the ‘geezer-creep’, I do.”

Today’s Russian language lesson:
Stary Perdo
(starie per do)

‘Old fart’ in Russian .

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Personal Observation And Opinion. Subjective ...

Why did the old guy decide to get involved? Decided to assault the bad guy. He had no dog in this? Or ... is there more to the story? Back story. Front story?

Rule Number One: ... walk away if you can. There is so much here that does not add up. Just me, but I would have run like heck. My brawling days are behind me.

Rule Number Two: ... Do not make it worse. Do not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. There must be more to this than we are being made aware of. Just me.

Respectfully.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I know nothing about the good Samaritan. However, certain people in this world are wired and or trained to run towards danger, rather than away from it. He may be a military veteran. He may be a former or off duty LEO.

Undoubtedly there is some reason why this person chose to do something rather than just run away. If I had my wife and children with me, I would likely just tried to escape. If I was alone, I would like to think that I have the courage and Cajones to do something about it.

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Courage has little to do with it. Either you are a warrior or you are not. If you are trained, fit and equipped to do it, you just run through your mind in 2 seconds the best 6 ways to do it, then you do it.

But making that strategic decision either yes or no is the difficult thing. The tactical doing is like on auto pilot. It is over before it starts. But ... now I am an Old Coot and those days are long gone with the wind.

I would run. Fast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts