Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a hypothetical situation where I would not be able to contact SA for replacement parts, what would be a good list of parts to keep on hand for my XD9sc and my XDm40? I guess I'm looking for a "frequently replaced parts" list. I know about the striker retainer roll pin - what else?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The above listed items. Plus, more than wearout, a main concern would be any small spring. These are easily lost during any disassembky further than a field strip. A complete spring kit is only a couple bucks. Since I replaced most springs during mods, I just keep the originals as spares. Mostly an appearamce and safety item, more then functional requirement, the cocked striker indicator pin tip can be broken. Install a metal replacement and keep original as spare. Maybe a spare recoil spring. Depends on whether you are thinking inconvenience downtime or SHTF.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Any possible? Then your main worry might be weight considerations. Planning for a home base stash or completely on the move? Maybe a 40 with conversion barrels to use more found ammo calibers. Maybe a 9mm for lighter ammo carry weight. O r even a Glock as just so many more are out there for scrounged parts if you want to stick with a semi-auto pistol.
Are you thinking active confrontations, defense or hide and hunt? What other complimentary weapons are you planning? A reliable 22 rifle and a bigger pile of ammo? Too many variables.

Have you read thru: SHTF/Survival&Disaster Preparedness

·
Registered
48 Posts
The above listed items. Plus, more than wearout, a main concern would be any small spring. These are easily lost during any disassembky further than a field strip. A complete spring kit is only a couple bucks. Since I replaced most springs during mods, I just keep the originals as spares. Mostly an appearamce and safety item, more then functional requirement, the cocked striker indicator pin tip can be broken. Install a metal replacement and keep original as spare. Maybe a spare recoil spring. Depends on whether you are thinking inconvenience downtime or SHTF.
i would love to know where i can buy a complete spring kit for a couple of bucks.
is anyone even selling a complete spring parts kit all in one bag?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
For replacement parts you might want to add a recoil assembly for the sc. These usually hold up well, but a broken weld at an endcap would put you out of business. There are few if any aftermarket spring sets for the sc model. Retailers sell the SA supplied assembly and it is not as widely available as say Wolff springs that can be used for other models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts