Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case some of you would like to know where you can host and post pics for FREE - I have some solutions for you. Just stumbled across this site that stack ranks all the free hosting sites based on user ratings. Cool stuff. I personally use IMAGE SHACK because of their ease of use and they give you script you can copy and paste into your threads to show thumbnails w/ a link, or to show the actual pics, or just a url link off-site to the pics. They have the highest rating of the non-sponsored choices.

Image Shack Rating:
(Rating: 9.48 | Votes: 2737 | Hits: 136,211 | Added: Mar 21, 2004)

And no, I am not affiliated to either of these sites. Just wanted to share. Enjoy.

http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-image-hosting.php?sort=3

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
or just buy your own domain.. DomainRegistry.com charges$30.00 It was only $20.00 when I bought mine.. And, there are lots of domain names availiable!

WHOIS: ONEEYEDFATMAN.COM is available
The name you checked, ONEEYEDFATMAN.COM, is available.

If you would like to register the name, click here.
I checked out one-eyed-fat-man.com as well.. as luck would have it, it is availiable too!

I thought about buying it.. but that would be wrong! (plus I am out of money..) LOL.. One eye.. you better snatch that domain up quick! It's got a nice ring to it!

Raymond

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
$30.00? For how long?

Go-Daddy.com was a lot cheaper doing registrations...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I believe domain registration has to be renewed every year. The host of my site, Webdoers.com takes care of domain registration for me as part of the package deal. I have the 200 mb package (which is plenty for a website that rarely is visited) It gives me plenty of space to put pictures up though. Granted, the free sights work just fine.. but I hate the ads.

Raymond

·
Registered
181 Posts
Most ISPs give some server space for personal WEB pages and you can use that space to store the photos you want to link to.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]$30.00? For how long?

Go daddy will also charge you every year even if you no longer have a domain name with them. They are slime in the icebox people.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
blkhawk303 said:
Captain Ray said:
Granted, the free sights work just fine.. but I hate the ads. Raymond
Image Shack has NO ads or watermarks added to pics hosted by them. Good stuff.
Yes they do! I am not saying that Image Shack is a bad service, but they most certainly have ads.. and try linking directly to an image.. can't be done.. you have to link to their page, which has their ads, and all kinds of scripts running. Nothing is free.

I like the freedom of having my own domain.. that's just me.. That is not a criticism of Imag Shack, Tripod, Yahoo, or any other service that provides "free" hosting.. I like having the complete control of my domain.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
I find Image Shack works just fine for me. It gives me all of the control I need.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
[TASF said:
Overkill]$30.00? For how long?

Go daddy will also charge you every year even if you no longer have a domain name with them. They are slime in the icebox people.
SLIIIIIIIME in the ICE machine! :lol:

Few people will get that.

brad cook

1 - 12 of 12 Posts