Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just spent the entire day looking for a gun I couldn't find.

I have a xd40 tactical and a XD9 service so I thought I would make it a trio and get a .357SIG SC. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find one. Tried four different LGS and not one had it or said they had one coming in. :evil:

Guess I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
342 Posts
MrTuffPaws said:
Sorry, but only .40 and 9mm SC.
for now, this is the truth.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
whtvrsclvr said:
MrTuffPaws said:
Sorry, but only .40 and 9mm SC.
for now, this is the truth.
I'll sign up for a subcompact in .357 when they make it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked the website, you're right no SC .357, now what do I do?

I guess I'll buy a .40SC and hope they (EFK or Barsto) make a conversion barrel.

·
Registered
137 Posts
springfield states that a 4" or 5" barrel will not fit in the sc.
i have not gotten a chance to take an sc apart, but the sc does take a different take down lever from all the others .
also the 4" and 5" barrels have a smaller o.d. (step down) behind where the barrel locks up on the front of the slide to allow clearence for the pistol to function . this may be why the longer barrels will not work in the sc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The slides are different on the sub compact and service model. I've got a service in 357 Sig and three sub compact 9mm's, and the slides are not interchangeable from the service to the SC, or vice versa.

When I talked to the Springfield people at the SHOT Show, they said there weren't any plans for a 357 Sig sub compact. I would imagine that the slide velocity has something to do with it.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You can always just start buying one of each...so it's easy makin decisions on which one to get

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bar sto is making a conversion barrel in 9mm for the .40 sub. I asked them if they were going to make one in .357. I am waiting for the answer.

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts