Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This baby just feels right, and I can understand why that's their slogan. I got the call from my ffl today so I headed over to go pick it up. I was greeted by a nice box with franchi on it.

I was so eager to get a look at it that I started ripping at the buckles to get inside. After a few failed attempts I was flustered so I decided to look at it closer. They child proof these things lol.

After I finally got it open I found this marvelous piece of Italian craftsmanship.

I am going to try and go out to do some hunting today but if not then tomorrow. I am very excited to see what this thing can do and about adding it to my collection. At least some of my guns are not in the tacticool classification.

Reactions: R3dbull4dd1kt

·
Registered
828 Posts
I love mine. It still draws longing stares every night of trap league. It sits in the rack next to a Synergy, a Citori, and a 686 that are shot by my teammates and more than holds its own.

Enjoy, Carl

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Sweet. I wicked want a O/U shotgun.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It feels really light, I wonder how much it will kick.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I brought it out hunting dove today but only used it for shooting clay birds. It does have some kick to it but over all it's not too bad. I am impressed with it so far.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, look at that. sweet. Well done, Carl nice checkering, nice wood.

here is my Ruger all camoed up.
I wrapped my affinity with the same stuff.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More shooting today, this thing is awesome.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went out shooting sporting clays yesterday and then murder dove like crazy. Very happy except a few times on the clays it didn't fire the second barrel. It didn't happen at all with the real thing. You think this is something I should contact franchi about, or just break in?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
were you using the same loads? The inertia triggers depend on recoil - was there something different between clay shooting and the birds?
I'd contact Franchi just to see what kind of customer service you get.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
were you using the same loads? The inertia triggers depend on recoil - was there something different between clay shooting and the birds?
I'd contact Franchi just to see what kind of customer service you get.
Same loads all day, Forgot about the inertia trigger. It must not of been shouldered properly. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks, Customer Service would be benelli and I am sure would be top notch.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did you ever contact Franchi about the misfires?
I have a Renaissance classic that has had the same problem but only when I softly close the breach. It never happened to me but when I let someone else fire it once it misfired, then we realize they were closing it to softly. I always closed it with a little authority and have never had a problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts