Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me and possibly show me what the Springfield Custom Texture Treatment for a frame is? It is a $195 deal so I am wondering just how much of the frame gets work done on it. Is it worth $195? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
something tells me that it is not quite the same as this

I believe the rumor is the work gets sent out
like for the Nickel plating or this treatment

??? Robar's Home Page just a little bird whisper.

Do I detect a little condescension?:neutral:

To each there own I guess. I do like the look of your grips, I'm just the kind that would prefer to do things myself then send off and pay so much to have someone else to do it. I don't know a whole lot about robar's texture options, but I'm sure that with some research and creativity one could reproduce the effect for less. Anyway, I know it wasn't what the OP was asking, I was just offering options.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

To each there own I guess. I do like the look of your grips, I'm just the kind that would prefer to do things myself then send off and pay so much to have someone else to do it. I don't know a whole lot about robar's texture options, but I'm sure that with some research and creativity one could reproduce the effect for less. Anyway, I know it wasn't what the OP was asking, I was just offering options.
Don't think is condescension. It's more of a correction, seems the OP wasn't asking about stipple. insatiable ONE is just trying to make the point that stipple is not the same as the textured grip the OP was asking about.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts

I didn't see any condescension either..

You must agree some are not willing to put a dremel or soldering iron tip to the their $500 + pistol frame.
Such stippling also lessens the value for the gun for resale.
Personally, I think stippling looks cheap and homemade.
But as you say, to each their own..

Now L2S's textured Marine grip, that looks pretty sweet..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah sorry bout misunderstanding earlier. I've been doing that sort of thing a lot lately. Ive been quit for a while now but here lately I've been really craving the nicotine. I appreciate you patience and the feedback insatiable! That Marine grip is pretty awesome looking. How's it feel? Can you compare it to anything? Thanks again!

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I didn't see any condescension either..

You must agree some are not willing to put a dremel or soldering iron tip to the their $500 + pistol frame.
Such stippling also lessens the value for the gun for resale.
Personally, I think stippling looks cheap and homemade.
But as you say, to each their own..

Now L2S's textured Marine grip, that looks pretty sweet..
Pretty hard to lesson the reale of an inexpensive gun used extensively. It's pretty easy to do the stippling/texturing yor self w/ a soldering iron & a bit of practice. Beats $195 & you get it your way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts