Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After cleaning and assembling my xd I got the frame stuck bad. I tried the method detailed in the sticky. It did not work to well on the carpet. I taped the slide then pounded it on wood. I was slowly working it forward so I pounded harder. When I got close where I should be able to pull the trigger then nothing. Pounded more (yea, I know should have stopped) then pounded harder... Then I decided to punch out the striker retaining pin through the mag well. Then removed the striker assembly. The slide came out easy.

I straighten the guide rode and reassembled. I tried to dry fire and nothing. The striker indicator sticks outs as normal and now the grip safety sticks out farther then it used to. Now I can not release the slide with a trigger pull. I have to remove the striker assembly through the mag well. When I do pull the trigger the striker indicator moves forward slightly. Any advice guys?

its a xd 45 tactial

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I agree, probably best to send it in....just dont tell them you beat it with a hammer.....lol

or....I am thinking trigger bar is bent, but cannot be sure.......can you take a whole bunch of pics of the inside looking down the top by the magwell and the sear area?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
There is very little reason to beat on a handgun with a hammer. With a few exceptions, these are finely tuned machines, not shade tree jalopies. You've probably bent or broken something. Send it to Springfield. When you say the "frame" is stuck, do you mean the metal frame in the poly shell or the slide on the frame?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, probably best to send it in....just dont tell them you beat it with a hammer.....lol

or....I am thinking trigger bar is bent, but cannot be sure.......can you take a whole bunch of pics of the inside looking down the top by the magwell and the sear area?
Your right! I have a bobs custom shop trigger bar and I put the stock one back in and now I can release the slide from the frame with a trigger pull. Looks like i have to order one from springer.

When you say the "frame" is stuck, do you mean the metal frame in the poly shell or the slide on the frame?
My error, I meant to say the slide was stuck on the frame. My hammer is also a plastic mallet.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Your right! I have a bobs custom shop trigger bar and I put the stock one back in and now I can release the slide from the frame with a trigger pull. Looks like i have to order one from springer.

My error, I meant to say the slide was stuck on the frame. My hammer is also a plastic mallet.

Thanks for the help guys!
Sweet, glad I guessed right......lol

Glad you got it, now just don't beat it so hard

Have you shot it yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts