Springfield XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had the frame of their XD refinished? I emailed CCR and they said they could do it, but I am hesitant since I know how hard it is to have things adhere to the plastic. If anyone has had this done, please attach some pictures if at all possible.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Even if it adheres... what happens to every nick and scratch?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Duracoat is probably your best bet.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
021411 said:
:x ................... :x .................... :x ................... :x .........yeeech!

A female version of "bubbafied". What would you call it now? Bubbett-fied?

on a H&K? why! why! why! :? resale value is probably gone way down if they ever wanted to sell it. :roll:

and look the background for the pic is on aluminum foil. OK good start, now put it in the oven on max heat for 10 hours until burnt to a crisp!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Wow!...That is a scary looking gun. Mac's "Tuff-Stock" will work, but he told me that he would be concerned as to how it might hold up on a pistol vs. a long gun.
Sound like a righteous treatment for a High Point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to agree that it is a shameful way for a gun to live its life, but also it is their money, let them use it how they want. The only reason I want mine done is so I can have a sand slide and socom blue frame. I don't want any thing crazy like the H&K.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Here is what CCR said himself:

Cummings Custom Refinishing
Posted December 02, 2005 06:59 PM

"If refinishing a HK in a floral pattern doesn't prove I go out of my way to make my customers happy I don't know what does!!

Also check out my Hoilday Sale in the classifieds

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices."

423-639-8924
http://www.ccr-refinishing.com

I have to say, it is different.

Also, for the long haul on a hand gun 'frame',
it would have to be molded into the frame like
the long gun frame manufacturers are doing.
Thus, giving it a longer life span on the deco
scene.

Ed

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is is possible to get the same type of finish as the glocks Tennifer. Everyone says that the glocks have better finishes, but is it something that they do while manafacturing them that cant be done afterwards ?

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
aerowinged said:
Is is possible to get the same type of finish as the glocks Tennifer. Everyone says that the glocks have better finishes, but is it something that they do while manafacturing them that cant be done afterwards ?
Here's an article on the Melonite process...

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=16217

·
Registered
115 Posts
kennyusmc1 said:
are you a bigot ? gang bang barbie doll ? ..why does it have to be a black woman not white redneck doll?
It has to be one or the other doesn't it? So if he put a white barbie doll up there we'd get the other side.

Let it go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
no i am just saying why did he have to put that comment up .. !!?!??!?! there is no need .. some guy got his wifes Hk USP refinished and this guy has to put up some ignorant rascist comment ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.