Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have good details and or pics of the re-assembly procedure of the parts in the rear of the frame...sear, ejector, springs, etc. I foolishly took mine apart and now, well you know, cant figure it out.:confused:

BTW, I am new here but not new to guns. I really enjoy my XDm and also own a few other semi autos.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Don't forget to inrto yourself!! Welcome to the forum.. This forum has a lot of qualified people in the area that has pics, unfortunately, I am not one of them..

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Unfortunately I cant link you to it but there are vids on here somewhere with detailed instructions. Its really simple so dont beat yourself up over it just yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after a fairly exhaustive search on the forum I can not find any vids or pics for the XDm (only XD models available). I will give it another day or two to see if someone has anything for the XDm, then its off to the gunsmith.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I do not either, but if you check on the springfield website, you may at least find a blow up of the gun. Probably won't help much but???

·
Registered
466 Posts
Call Springer Precision (forum sponsor) He will know and is a great guy!! While you have it apart you might as well order the trigger upgrade from him as well!! How did you get the locking block out?? I haven't tried to take mine apart yet, but I think I'm going to order the kit from him as well. I know on the standard Xd's you just rotated the take down leaver and it would just come out. The M's don't seem to be the same or I'm not putting enough pressure on it yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not either, but if you check on the springfield website, you may at least find a blow up of the gun. Probably won't help much but???
I got the schematic but it does not show enough detail like the order that the parts go together. It really just shows the various parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call Springer Precision (forum sponsor) He will know and is a great guy!! While you have it apart you might as well order the trigger upgrade from him as well!! How did you get the locking block out?? I haven't tried to take mine apart yet, but I think I'm going to order the kit from him as well. I know on the standard Xd's you just rotated the take down leaver and it would just come out. The M's don't seem to be the same or I'm not putting enough pressure on it yet.
Locking block is easy...remove the two pins and it pulls out of the frame along with the slide release. As for a trigger upgrade, I like the stock trigger for now as this is a "fun" gun and not used for competition or SD.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Locking block is easy...remove the two pins and it pulls out of the frame along with the slide release. As for a trigger upgrade, I like the stock trigger for now as this is a "fun" gun and not used for competition or SD.
How did you get the take down lever out? Looks like it has to come out first like the standard XD's. Now you are going to force me to take mine apart also. The standard I can do in about 5 min. So this one shouldn't be much harder I just hate force things on a new gun while I'm learning. :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While the TD lever is in the up postion, twist it forward and backward while pulling out from the frame. Once it starts to come out keep twisting forward and pulling out and it will slide right out of the frame. I hope I explained this OK...

·
Registered
466 Posts
While the TD lever is in the up postion, twist it forward and backward while pulling out from the frame. Once it starts to come out keep twisting forward and pulling out and it will slide right out of the frame. I hope I explained this OK...
yep works just like the others. did you take the backstrap safety and mags release apart as well? If so they are a ROYAL B^&CH to get back together on any of them.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is a page that shows you how. its not a video but i have used it a few times and it helps alot

Springfield Armory XD and HS2000.com
I have seen this link and the other with the videos...unfortunately the new XDM has a few more parts the the old XD does not have.
Ejector
Sear
Sear Spring
Striker Safety lever
Disassembly lever spring
Disassembler
I do remember that the last three items go together but the "popped" out when I took them out and I have no idea in what order or fashion they were in.
If it possible could someone take a picture of the frame assembled from the top view (close up)? I might be able to figure this out from a picture.
Thanks to all so far for your replies...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excellent pics...that should do the trick for me.
Thanks a bunch. I will let you know if I get it back together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, as it turns out it looks like I am missing a spring...I guess when the parts popped out 1 went flying. I will have to search for it as it should still be somewhere around the kitchen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts