Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, another new guy. Shot it for the first time last Sunday. An XDM. Have never shot one before, but you can bet I will again. Lots of guys at the IDPA shoots I go to run them. Now I see why. Smooth and accurate. Very accurate. They are a lot thinner than I thought they would be. Will make a fine carry gun as well. About two more months and it shall be mine. Man, what a gun.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Best of luck on the 2 months ... The XD/XDm line of pistols is about as good as it gets.

I'd never knock a Glock, and it really comes down to which feels better in your hand, but IMO you can't go wrong with an XD ... It's a solid pistol that does what it's designed to do.

And that design IMO is to go bang when you pull the trigger ... XD9 Fails :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum !!!!

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I was looking at the xdms for my next purchase. My first was a XD 40. I love it. But want a 9 mm for wife/home. Will probly shoot it more at the range cus ammo is cheaper.I plan on carrying the 40 tho. Is the xdm line that much better?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I like my XD(m) 3.8 compact 9mm over my XD45c from the factory. Springer did some trigger work on the 45c and that trigger is better than the factory 3.8. Both are VERY accurate.
I really like being able to carry a compact XD in the holster, yet reload with a high capacity magazine carried on the hip (or in a pocker). Very versatile and the fit is excellent & tight.
Don't love the XD(m) factory trigger. Mushy and stacking. Expected more fron the upgraded (M) which stands for:
Money
Mushy
Match
"More"
Mighty
Mythilogical
Magical
.....i forget

1 - 6 of 6 Posts