·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes indeed, I've found my next AK.
And it is not a Saiga. :shock:

Just need to scrape together a Grand.

Vepr AK 47 Rifle Russian Heavy Duty 762 x 39mm

New Vepr Made in Russia Hunting /target rifle in traditional caliber of 7.62X39mm. With 50% more HEAVY DUTY receiver that also has double reinforcement and crowned with extra heavy duty Target like barrel !

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I saw those too... Very nice.
I like the 54R, but I got rid of my Mosin Nagant and never did get the Finnish M39 I was going to replace it with.
So it would mean stocking yet another caliber, and mean another two or three ammo cans taking up room.
I've already my medium/long range toys in .308, don't need the redundancy.

Hmmmm... My C&R side still really wants a NICE Finnish M39, I could work towards all three? FIN M39, Vepr 762 target and Vepr 54R?
Top Ramen and tap water for the rest of the year?

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
ChileRelleno said:
Hmmmm... My C&R side still really wants a NICE Finnish M39, I could work towards all three? FIN M39, Vepr 762 target and Vepr 54R?
Top Ramen and tap water for the rest of the year?
Don't forget these, either:

http://centerfiresystems.com/RIFLE-M28FIN-6161-02.aspx ;)

I hear you on the caliber, though. For me, I think .308 or some other domestic military caliber is where it's at for future purchases.

·
Registered
624 Posts
That is a nice looking AK. My only concern would be the proprietary mags. If it took standard AK mags it would be on my "gotta have" list.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Those have been in country for a while now, to bad you cant convert them like a regular saiga :(

I was thinking about getting one for a deer rifle though! I have been drooling over the Super Vepr .308 for about 3 years now to bad they are so expensive!!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've no concern about the proprietary mags and why would I want to convert it?
It is frikking awesome as is, its a lover not a fighter.
Purely range and hunting, not intended as a fighting rifle.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
just FYI it doesnt take propierty mags, the differnce between the two rifles on Atlantic's website is the addition of a $20 Danzing bullet guide, so one will take regular AK mags (ie your gun wont jam with a regular mag)

Saigas actually use the SAME "propierty" mag which allows the gun to function with out a bullet guide.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just FYI it doesnt take propierty mags, the differnce between the two rifles on Atlantic's website is the addition of a $20 Danzing bullet guide, so one will take regular AK mags (ie your gun wont jam with a regular mag)

Saigas actually use the SAME "propierty" mag which allows the gun to function with out a bullet guide.
Well, Saigas I just happen to know about. :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts