Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep that's right. The other day I was shopping for rounds and the whole time I was thinking I must have lost a stock pile of them somewhere. My house flooded last fall and in the shuffle of getting stuff out of the basement I kept moving this box around, and somehow misplaced it. Well I was digging in the back of my closet for some shoes today and found this!! It feels like Christmas. Just thought id share my good fortune!

Gotta love stuff like that

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy cow! How much does that box weigh?
Well I loaded it up before I closed the top a while back, but I picked it up tonight and it has to weigh at least 60 pounds. I mostly drug it across the carpet haha

·
Registered
768 Posts
Makes me wanna go dig in my closet!! Hmmm...wonder what's in the back of that thing...:cool:

Nice find man!

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
I found a long lost nearly full box of 9mm at least 10 years old, and I moved at least 4 times since it was purchased. The real kicker was this happened just 1 or 2 days after having purchased a 9mm carbine at a garage sale. My 9mm pistol was long gone, so I thought I had no ammo to test the new gun. Sure, it was not nearly the toe breaking box you have there (a wild guess at how you found it :)), but the timing was unbelievable.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Groo-that's an awesome story! What 9mm carbine did you pick up at the yard sale?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Now, if you could just find out where you left your guns, everything would be great again! :? Let's see, I know I had some guns for these bullets, now where did I put them?????

·
Registered
431 Posts
Excellent find! My neighbor just found these full boxes of .22 in his Grandpa's attic and brought them over and gave them to me... as I started looking for what year they might be (his G-pa was 88} I found them on an antique ammo box site. They go for anywhere from $25 a box to $65 a box. I still have no idea how old they are... guessing the 60's or '70's

·
Registered
480 Posts
Now you know how it feels like to find lost treasure;)

Good thing that box never found it's way to goodwill or salvation army:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts