Springfield XD Forum banner

If I tried to log on and the forum didnt work....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
We are planning on making a forum update next week (shootin for the 15th) at that time the forum will be down for a short period of time. Just figured it would be better to let you all know in advance rather than have a zillion emails wonderin/Panicing cause the forum wouldn't work lol

Rick

·
Premium Member
21,648 Posts
Only a 130 somethings posts... we can't take this guy seriously!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
and here we were going to think the site caught Ebola and was under critical care.

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Doesn't this belong in the Polling Place? Maybe we could have a mod move it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Thank you for the heads up.

·
Registered
22,564 Posts
If the site didn't work I would simply try again on the next day.

·
Registered
29,562 Posts
Speaking for myself, if it got shut down at 3am, I'd be going into full black-helicopter, Ebola-laden storm trooper panic mode and cocoon myself in several layers of tinfoil as I sweated through my fever-dreams of XD Talk being taken over by Bloomberg.

Just sayin'.

Unless, of course, I was asleep. Then I'd just wake up and never notice the Matrix had changed.

·
Banned
20,997 Posts
I would wonder if I had gotten a "time out" again.....lol!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Hi everyone,
We are planning on making a forum update next week (shootin for the 15th) at that time the forum will be down for a short period of time. Just figured it would be better to let you all know in advance rather than have a zillion emails wonderin/Panicing cause the forum wouldn't work lol

Rick
What is the perceived advantage in the new soft ware? I prefer the old!

don

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the version of VB software we were using hasn't been updated in a quite a while. This presents security problems and problems with modern browsers and mobile devices. the new version of the software (VB5) is horrible, so upgrading to that would have been much much worse. So it wasn't just that "this new software has some advantages" -- it is an issue of "we really have no other choices out there".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts