Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help.
I sent in my form 4 in to ATF for my SBR. I forgot to send in my finger print cards. Will they send it back? Should I call to see if I can send the prints in?
THANKS!!!

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
It's been over 20 years since we had the Class 3 license, sooss procedures probably have changed, sosss bear with this. You may have to do it all over again to keep the confusion down. Call them up and tell them what happened and ask what you should do. Good luck. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Call them and politely tell them what happened.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Hope someone can help.
I sent in my form 4 in to ATF for my SBR. I forgot to send in my finger print cards. Will they send it back? Should I call to see if I can send the prints in?
THANKS!!!
First off, is this gun one that you were going to SBR yourself or are you buying it prebuilt from a factory?

If it's one that you are going to build, then you sent the wrong forms altogether (you need form 1's for that). If it's one that you're buying and will have transferred through an SOT, then you sent the correct forms.

If it's the incorrect forms, you may as well call and start all over again.

As for the fingerprint cards, they won't send everything back, but it will be delayed. They'll mail you an envelope and also a "generic" checklist of the items they will want you to send (which will be anything you forgot to include to begin with)

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
call them.

this is the # to the NFA branch
(304) 616-4500

and their hours are
Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays) from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern time

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
oh and please explain weather you are buying an SBR completed or building one as that will be important

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already have the lower. Just want to get my SBR approved to buy the upper 11.5 inch. I am a contractor working in afghanistan...need it to practice..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am glad that I am posting on this site...Calling ATF etc...not many know the answers.
Just to make everything clear. The lower that I have is from a 16 inch m4.
Hope this helps..

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Wrong form.

You need to do that on a form 1.

You can call and cancel it, and you can download and have the correct forms filled out in the meantime. Forms

print the front and back on the same sheet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THANKS for all your help.
They said...ATF will send me a letter stating I sent the incorrect form and need the following. At that time send in the new forms etc...and I should be good to go.
Again THANKS!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts