Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased SL threaded barrels for my SA 1911 and XD/XDMs and was thinking of getting another. But I can't seem to find their web site any more. Are they out of business? Forgive me if this is old news. Thanks

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
I don't know if they're out of business or not but check Ebay for a barrel. I got mine (9mm conversion for a 4.5" XDM 40) for $100.

Yeah, there's the risk of buying used, freedom comes with risks. Look for a good seller that offers a guarantee.

Reactions: 835mag

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Stormlake was one of the companies under the Remington umbrella, so they most likely are closed until they reopen under the new ownership. Remington and Marlins web site were closed after the sale I could guess the same happened with all the companies.

The company that bought DPMS and AAC got Stormlake, in the bankruptcy sale if I remember correctly.

I have no idea if or when they will reopen.

·
Registered
19,746 Posts
hmm conversion barrels aren't too bad, but I'd like an extended to make it more obvious wich barrel was in the gun.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
hmm conversion barrels aren't too bad, but I'd like an extended to make it more obvious wich barrel was in the gun.
I got a SS barrel for my XDM. To be super-crafty, l got a SS guide rod and (necessary) lighter recoil spring.
silver=9mm
Black=.40
The 9mm didn't always cycle properly or lock back on empty with the factory (40 S$W) 18# spring, even tho SA says they use the same spring in 40 and 9. This way the spring, guide rod, and barrel always stay together and are easily differentiated from the other caliber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts