Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Seattle Police Department is apologizing for an assault rifle left unattended on the back of a patrol car Monday night, and has launched an investigation into the matter.
First published by The Stranger, Nick Gonzales snapped a picture last night of the menacing-looking rifle on the trunk of a Seattle Police car. It was around 9 p.m. and the car was parked outside the Roosevelt Hotel, near Pine and 7th Avenue, with no police officers in sight, said Gonzales.
In addition, after an officer got back into the patrol car, it was driven away with the rifle still on the trunk. A woman also saw the rifle and followed the car to try to get the officer's attention.
Full story HERE

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dang it! Nobody told me about the SPD rifle giveaway. I would have made an effort to be downtown that day.

·
Registered
620 Posts
WOW... that's freaking stupid. It's too bad one careless officer will make his whole department look so bad. That is just dumb.

·
Registered
942 Posts
"menacing-looking rifle on the trunk of a Seattle Police car"

give me a break.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Sh1t happens...LEO's are human too...and they forget..even though leaving a rifle is pretty bad...sh1t happens!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Wow, just wow... I was thinking about being City or County, but now I am gonna apply for State Trooper, I think there are just too many dildos in uniforms locally...

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Wow, just wow... I was thinking about being City or County, but now I am gonna apply for State Trooper, I think there are just too many dildos in uniforms locally...
Don't count on it. In my area locals are much, much better than troopers. Why? Because locals actually do police work..

But, as we are seeing, it only takes one retard to make everyone else look silly.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
First, walk a mile in those shoes. THEN IF you believe a great improvement is called for, join and effect it , don't run to what you perceive to be "better".

With 12 hr. shifts now a regular practice in some depts. (Four on, three days off) , shifts after days in court etc., it is a wonder more mistakes aren't made. Not excusing it but IF you truly think the locals are goobers, fix that by raising the standard, PERSONALLY. '

Local policing is the REAL DEAL, IMHO. Up close, personal and on the front line. In the Academy, years ago, the statement stuck in my mind right out of a history of LE text. "A community gets the Police service it DEMANDS and DESERVES by virtue of it's (comm.'s) STANDARDS." All standards begin and rise and fall based on INDIVIDUAL integrity.

True then (1969), true today.;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
i value rifles too much for this to ever happen to me. but i agree, local PD/sheriffs' office are the ones that actually deal with the public daily, and see crime other than speeding 2 over on the interstate...troopers are mainly traffic, well at least in my state.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts