Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently found me a Czech M91/38 Carbine, I didn't know alot about this rifle till I researched it on Mosinnagant.net. Well it turns out that the rifle was cut down from an Imperial Tula barrel dated 1897! That was cool in itself. The magazine body is early Ishevsk. The bolt is a latter Ishevsk and is force matched to reciever. True numbers matching parts are the barrel, butt plate, and the magazine bottom. I think this is really a cool rifle with ALOT of history. I read that these are very good shooters, the quality of the conversion is quite good, as the Czechs know how to machine metal quite well. I need to clean it, it has more cosmoline in it than I know what to do with. I'll give ya'll a range report after I get it cleaned up and have the headspacing checked, for now enjoy the show!

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Take these picks over to the site in my sig line. There might be some good discussion about your rifle.

·
Registered
17,815 Posts
1897...man that is OLD SCHOOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
30,890 Posts
Poncho,
Get yourself some brake cleaner from your local auto parts place... does a great job removing cosmoline. Any brand... el cheapo stuff works fine. Get liquid (rather than aerosol) for soaking parts. Steel coffee cans, or any metal bucket works. Less hassle than the heating & cleaning method. Faster too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Poncho,
Get yourself some brake cleaner from your local auto parts place... does a great job removing cosmoline. Any brand... el cheapo stuff works fine. Get liquid (rather than aerosol) for soaking parts. Steel coffee cans, or any metal bucket works. Less hassle than the heating & cleaning method. Faster too.

And soapy water for the corrosive ammo? How effective is alcohol?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already did the cosomline removal. We've had record high temps here in N. Texas as of late. When it got up to 111F last week I took her down and she sat in the sun for half the day, you talking about hot! I then cleaned out the coffee pot and run 2 or 3 pots of plain water through it and used that to clean the cosmoline off of it, worked great. Now I need to get my shotgun bore brush out and get the cosmoline out of the chamber as it is a little sticky. Did I mention it shoots very well! The sight is a little too far to the left so I need to tweak it a little. Thanks for the replies fellas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts