Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what a Yugoslavian 10.5"bbl m92 can do @ 50 yards with a top-cover mounted Vortex Sparc w/o magnification.

Two full mags (60rds) of Brown Bear ammo shot across 4-5 minutes (including the time it takes to reload a mag).

This was shot using a wobbly 30rd Romanian mag for support.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Here's what a Yugoslavian 10.5"bbl m92 can do @ 50 yards with a top-cover mounted Vortex Sparc w/o magnification.

Two full mags (60rds) of Brown Bear ammo shot across 4-5 minutes (including the time it takes to reload a mag).

NICE!!!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I know it's not 1MOA groupings, but given my mediocre eyes, and even more mediocre shooting, and even worse surplus ammo; I'm quite proud of my little Krinkenstein.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Thanks! I know it's not 1MOA groupings, but given my mediocre eyes, and even more mediocre shooting, and even worse surplus ammo; I'm quite proud of my little Krinkenstein.

that's better than I can do with iron sights at less distance. lol

I need more practice. maybe a red dot.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Nice shooting, sir. :cool:

I know my Saiga is more accurate than I am--with some sort of comparable optic I'd put it up against an M4 any day.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Range day today...

I should've taken pics of what my S.308-ver.21 was doing at 100yards, solid 2MOA groups of eight sometimes a little tighter, with Tula steel cased 150gr FMJ (One of it's favorite flavors). Ringing the human steel silhouettes at 250 yards was no problem at all. If I let the barrel get too hot, it would start stringing (as normal for it).

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need more practice. maybe a red dot.
I will say that the Red dot helps a lot.

Having a tiny little red dot to direct my aim rather than a (relatively) giant front sight post helps quite a bit. I am also happy that it holds zero as well as it does, despite being mounted onto the topcover.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
You sir are an artist because that looks like Australia made with bullet holes at 50 yards. With a couple of islands to add realism.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep, horribly inaccurate.

250 yards (maybe more)...iron sights and T1 Aimpoint. 13.5" barrel Arsenal SLR-105R cut down.

Standard IPSC cardboard targets. All rounds hit (fired about 45 on target). Most groups were 4-6" except this three shot group which was the size of my watch.

Yep...super inaccurate.

·
Registered
182 Posts

^The XDM did not fare so well (one round hit the holding post of the target stand...lol)

People who say AK's aren't accurate are shooting piss poor guns, with piss poor ammo, and piss poor triggers (or they can't shoot). A normal new production AK will be about a 3-4 MOA rifle at 100 yards, vs. a normal AR which will do around 2-3. Not a significant difference. The 5.45 is a bit more accurate than the 7.62 model (a little less drag, and much more level flight, especially after 75-100 yards).

·
Registered
129 Posts

I am envious of your ownership of an M92

·
Registered
288 Posts
I out shoot my buddies m4 every time we go out with my $400 wasr.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Well, we all know the gun will shoot now.

Shouldn't take a whole lot to adjust the sights now.

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Nice shooting, sir. :cool:

I know my Saiga is more accurate than I am--with some sort of comparable optic I'd put it up against an M4 any day.
I own a Saiga and its a good Ak but compared to an M4 not its not even in the same league accuracy wise.

Saiga 4 moa (mine). Good M4 1 to 2 moa gun. The truth be told the AR is more reliable than AK fans give it credit for and the AK is more accurate than AR fans give it credit for. But to say an Ak is as accurate as an AR is living in denial.
Pat

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I own a Saiga and its a good Ak but compared to an M4 not its not even in the same league accuracy wise.

Saiga 4 moa (mine). Good M4 1 to 2 moa gun. The truth be told the AR is more reliable than AK fans give it credit for and the AK is more accurate than AR fans give it credit for. But to say an Ak is as accurate as an AR is living in denial.
Pat
+1 well said.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts

Pat
Apparently some clarification is in order. What I meant was that, in their intended roles of putting rounds on man-sized targets by people who are trained in how to use them effectively, I'd take my AK with no reservations about "accuracy deficiencies" even when compared to an AR. It will do the job as far out as I can see or with an optic of slight magnification to Minute of Adversary, and that's good enough for me. If I was going to set up a varmint rifle or concentrate on shooting bullseyes I'd choose a flat-top AR.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts