·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metal
Metal
Orange Amber Fashion accessory Buckle Leather
Orange Games Indoor games and sports Dice
Purchased two xd sc 9mm so I am clearing out my .45 gear and consolidating to 9mm. Found this in my stash.

Both are 7 rounds. Chip McCormick shooting star.

Please post " I will take it" or "message sent" to help others to stay in the loop.

$42.00

FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING USPS with TRACKING

Thank you.

·
Administrator
22,461 Posts
7 rounds? Does that mean they are the commander size?

·
Administrator
22,461 Posts
I thought the Commander version was only a shorter barrel and slide with exactly the same grip and magwell and magazines.
My 4 inch Kimber mags do not fit in my 5 inch Kimber, they are too short.

·
Registered
954 Posts
My 4 inch Kimber mags do not fit in my 5 inch Kimber, they are too short.
I am not a 1911 expert - though I do have both Ruger SR1911 Standard and SR1911 Commander - and the only difference between them is the length of the slide and the barrel - the grip and the magazines are interchangeable. I had not considered a Compact version - not sure if others besides Kimber makes a compact version which includes both a shorter barrel/slide as well as a shorter grip - but from a brief application of google-fu it seems that there is no official definition of exactly what changes from the original JMB design of the full size 1911 are included in the marketing term "compact" and in fact can be ANY factor which reduces the overall size. And that is ignoring calibers other than .45 since there are full size 1911s which use smaller calibers and there are smaller versions of the 1911 design scaled down to fit smaller calibers.

·
Administrator
22,461 Posts
I am not a 1911 expert - though I do have both Ruger SR1911 Standard and SR1911 Commander - and the only difference between them is the length of the slide and the barrel - the grip and the magazines are interchangeable. I had not considered a Compact version - not sure if others besides Kimber makes a compact version which includes both a shorter barrel/slide as well as a shorter grip - but from a brief application of google-fu it seems that there is no official definition of exactly what changes from the original JMB design of the full size 1911 are included in the marketing term "compact" and in fact can be ANY factor which reduces the overall size. And that is ignoring calibers other than .45 since there are full size 1911s which use smaller calibers and there are smaller versions of the 1911 design scaled down to fit smaller calibers.
Here is a full size mag in my 4 inch Kimber

There is about an half of inch different in the mag wells. I had to go out and buy another set of mags for my CCW 1911. They look like this now

What I was noticing that when I was using full mags without the built-in stop I was beating up my ejector. This mag has an extra lip on the base pad to limit how far the mag can go in the frame.

Here is an example of mag stop on a full size 1911 with an extended mag. See the punched out metal to stop the mag from going all the way through?

With that said, I can use full size mags in my 4 inch Kimber, I have to slow down when seating the magazine or I could damage the weapon. Hope this helps.

Reactions: mcwsky09
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.