Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so it was made in the "Wheelguns" section but I just got an email bulletin from CDNN Sports - Huge Savings on Guns and Magazines and they just got in a large shipment of SIG/Sauer LE trade-ins. Different caliber pistols ranging from "very good" to "like new" condition. Many have night sights installed. Luckily, when I bought my P-226 new in 1998, the price was pretty similar at just over $500 but that particular dealer was a good friend and we had done several transactions previously. These look to be excellent deals and probably won't last long. They also have a number of mags on sale to go with them. ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Ooohooh I'm going shopping there now....

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Very good condition 226 in 9 for $519? Heck of a deal.

If I didn't already have 2 226's I'd buy one.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Sig owners....Pff. get one without a rail so you can be a Sig hipster!
Uh oh, you've been hanging around with Kaboom and 1LL again haven't you young man! They are bad influences!

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Why do people keep posting these deals?! Its killing me. Wish I had more money to throw around because I'm pretty sure I would have a new CM9 and a used P226 9mm on the way. A used P226 would make a nice cerakote project.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I am going to show some restraint and pass, but it's hard.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Must......NOT.....Give ....In .....to....the....temptation.....:-|

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
My poorness is helping me pass all these great deals up. I'd love a 226 thats for damn sure. Not sure what I want more though... A 226 or a budget 1911.. Or a revolver... Or more Glocks. FML..

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah, the non rail guns look good.

Still top heavy with meh triggers though. :)

I know you're cracking wise, but when I bought my German made 226 (9 X 19) in 1998, it was spec'd 4.5# in SA and 10# in DA. It has an excellent trigger that's even better today where the DA pull is smoother and lighter than a good many DA revolvers. I've probably put 25,000 rounds of +P handloads through it by now including 147 gr. +P JHPs. The bore axis thing gets kinda overrated, IMO, and my 226 has never felt "top heavy" to me. ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I know you're cracking wise, but when I bought my German made 226 (9 X 19) in 1998, it was spec'd 4.5# in SA and 10# in DA. It has an excellent trigger that's even better today where the DA pull is smoother and lighter than a good many DA revolvers. I've probably put 25,000 rounds of +P handloads through it by now including 147 gr. +P JHPs. The bore axis thing gets kinda overrated, IMO, and my 226 has never felt "top heavy" to me. ;)
Bore axis is code for "I have a plastic ugly Glock and need something bad to say about that gorgeous sexy Sig that is vastly better in every respect than my ugly Glock".

********************note the above is sarcasm******************

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bore axis is code for "I have a plastic ugly Glock and need something bad to say about that gorgeous sexy Sig that is vastly better in every respect than my ugly Glock".

Sarcasm with a dash of *****!

My shooting partner was a dedicated Glock guy when I bought the P-226. He believed that the G19 was the perfect carry pistol until he gained more experience with my 226. That led him to sell all of his Glocks for SIGs where he carried a P-239 rather than his previous G26 for when he couldn't carry the G19. Then when he bought the P-228 he was in Nirvana.

I have to be honest though. He picked a very early CZ P-01 for like $325 at a gunshow about a dozen years ago. Didn't excite him much so he sold it to me. Later when we did side-by-side comparisons using one of my better handloads, the P-01 was slightly more accurate. Plus, IMO, the CZ decocking system is better than SIGs because the hammer only drops to half-cock making that first DA pull about as short as it get for DA/SA pistols.

I love me some SIGs, but CZs are special. They're only shortcoming is like the XD/XDm in that they have short chambers. I have to load the tried and true REM. 124 gr. JHP at 1.122"/28.5mm for CZ 9mms where SIG 9mms will take loads longer than will function in the magazine except in the case of the P-239, that by SIG standards, has a short throat. ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Sarcasm with a dash of *****!

My shooting partner was a dedicated Glock guy when I bought the P-226. He believed that the G19 was the perfect carry pistol until he gained more experience with my 226. That led him to sell all of his Glocks for SIGs where he carried a P-239 rather than his previous G26 for when he couldn't carry the G19. Then when he bought the P-228 he was in Nirvana.

I have to be honest though. He picked a very early CZ P-01 for like $325 at a gunshow about a dozen years ago. Didn't excite him much so he sold it to me. Later when we did side-by-side comparisons using one of my better handloads, the P-01 was slightly more accurate. Plus, IMO, the CZ decocking system is better than SIGs because the hammer only drops to half-cock making that first DA pull about as short as it get for DA/SA pistols.

I love me some SIGs, but CZs are special. They're only shortcoming is like the XD/XDm in that they have short chambers. I have to load the tried and true REM. 124 gr. JHP at 1.122"/28.5mm for CZ 9mms where SIG 9mms will take loads longer than will function in the magazine except in the case of the P-239, that by SIG standards, has a short throat. ;)
You'll get no arguments from me on CZ's, they are very special guns. My bone stock CZ75 will shoot with any gun I own and I own a few pricey guns.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts

Pff. Sexy Sig is a nickel 210.

They're fine pistols, don't get me wrong, but I'm not paying what they ask new when there's some very nice pistols a few hundred less that'll out shoot them.

I'm looking at you CZ owners!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts