Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since no one has seen fit to make a .22 conversion kit for the XD, I would suggest another course of action. So many other pistol manufactures either hav a conversion kit or a mock-up gun ie: kimber ( has a mock-up and 2nd party has a the conversion kit ) beretta , Wather etc. How many folks would buy a mock-up XD ( same weight / size etc. in .22 ). If you feel this idea has merit please support me and call Springfield @ 1-800-680-6866 and voice you support for this idea. Please let them know if there is the interest.

Yours at the range
Steve

·
Registered
83 Posts
Give it time. I'm sure SA is doing everything they can just to keep up with the XD being so popular. It would be nice to have .22 conversion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey, I talked to springfield a couple of days ago asking about the .22 conversion, and the person on the phone stated that they did not make one and she knew of no plans to make one. Although the people on the phones are not necessarily the most "in the know" at the company all the time (although she may well have been), it sounded like the question gets asked a lot. Although this is just conjecture, it seemd to me that Springfield had little interest in the idea.
I also emailed/called other .22 conversion kit pros at Advantage Arms and Ciener, and neither saw fit to resond. Were it something in the works, I'd think they'd want to spread the word instead of stonewalling. My bet, nothing at either.
My money is on whoever it is that Old School form Pistol Gear knows who has one in the works. It sounds like it isn't done yet, still needs to be tested, and pending that, could produce.
True, this is all just my .02, and I could be completely wrong, but that si where my money would ride.
Maybe if we were to let springfield know how much we'd spend on a conversion or mock-up, they'd pay attention (money tends to do that...).
I'm in the 350$ mock up or 275$ conversion range....any takers?

·
Registered
244 Posts
you got my $250 for the conversion in service model. But is this only for the .45GAP? Mine's a 9mm, but my girl shoots it as often as I do, and I know she'd appreciate the difference in recoil

·
Registered
52 Posts
Advantage arms just got back to me. Here is the response:

No plans at this time.

Regards,

Advantage Arms
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:45 AM
Subject: .22 kit

Hey,
Any chance of a .22 conversion kit for a springfield XD (the same kit would fit the service model or the tactical model)? There is a group of us that woul like to purchase a .22 kit for it, but we can't find anyone who makes it. Any chance for a custom order (or perhaps one is already in the works...)
Thanks,
Aaron Stevens
610-931-1181
[email protected]
SIn e it si pretty tough to get an email off to Ciener, I thinkt hat we are pretty stuck unless Old School's contact works out, or SA puts together a kit or mock-up.
I know severla guys that love the XD platform, but want the cost reduction of the .22 round. They would buy right away if there was a mock up or a conversion (conversion preferred for economics and retaining the same trigger). Maybe the increased sales will tempt them...

·
Registered
173 Posts
9mm is cheap but it isn't $.04/bullet cheap. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts