Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my XDM40 compact in for a new FNX. Due to that, I joined the fn forum thinking folks there would as supportive and helpfull as my friends in this forum, thr, tfl, officer.com etc. Boy, was I wrong. I've encountered some real stick in the *** people there. I still own two xd pistols, so I'm not a lost cause.

what experiences on other forums have you had?

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I didn't really do online forums before I got my xd. I joined since I got it.

I like it here. A few a-holes, but there are a-holes everywhere. I even have one.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
I traded my XDM40 compact in for a new FNX. Due to that, I joined the fn forum thinking folks there would as supportive and helpfull as my friends in this forum, thr, tfl, officer.com etc. Boy, was I wrong. I've encountered some real stick in the *** people there. I still own two xd pistols, so I'm not a lost cause.

what experiences on other forums have you had?
Congrats on the FNX-40. I had the predacessor FNP-9. My biggest regret was selling it. Cool gun. I sold it with the intention of getting the FNX-9, but I had become unemployed by then and never got one. Finally recently got a job, so we'll see. I hope you like your FNX-40. Is it all black, or is it the stainless 2-tone?

From my own personal experience, I find this board to be the most interesting, lively, and enjoyable. There are some gun forums that I am a part of like RguerForum, and M&P Pistol.com, but I am not there that often anymore. I was part of an FN forum, but it was just not my cup of tea. Same goes for GlockTalk, or whatever it's called. I was a lurker there. There's something for everyone, but not everything is for everyone I guess.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My FNX-40 is all black. We worked out the FNP-40s a few years ago at work, but went to Glock for the issue gun instead. I refuse to carry the lowest bidder gun. I liked the FNP.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
1st, congrats on the new pistol!

2nd, that'll teach you to try and leave us.

3rd, I'm happy to be the resident a-hole.

4th, I'm hitting my cap on the numbers I know how to count

5th, I'm done.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
congrats on the FN, I am staying right here until JGB finally bans me for good.:p

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
My FNX-40 is all black. We worked out the FNP-40s a few years ago at work, but went to Glock for the issue gun instead. I refuse to carry the lowest bidder gun. I liked the FNP.
The FNX looks great in black. I want the stainless 2-tone one. I'm going for looks, and the FNX has it! It's purpose will be a range gun anyway. 3 mags and a few different backsraps is a good deal for the money.

If you're interested in a striker-fired pistol, and it turns out that you really like the FNX, FN also makes the FNS-9 and FNS-40. It's based on the FNX, only it's striker fired instead of hammer.

I think BoneHead took one for the team... You have to go far before you get banned... Im still wondering how I have never been put in time out here?
What??? Bonehead got the ban hammer? Bummer...

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
The FNX looks great in black. I want the stainless 2-tone one. I'm going for looks, and the FNX has it! It's purpose will be a range gun anyway. 3 mags and a few different backsraps is a good deal for the money.

If you're interested in a striker-fired pistol, and it turns out that you really like the FNX, FN also makes the FNS-9 and FNS-40. It's based on the FNX, only it's striker fired instead of hammer.

What??? Bonehead got the ban hammer? Bummer...
Well he banned him self, but the did put him in the corner a few times:(

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
FNs are sweet guns! In the future I might look into the 5.7, but only time will tell and there is a few guns ahead of it. I tell everyone that it doesn't matter what gun you have, someone here owns one.

Mods are good folks here, even did a trade with Taco a while back. What's not to like?

·
Administrator
16,900 Posts
Well he banned him self, but the did put him in the corner a few times:(
Interesting. I thought he was pretty reasonable.

I like the HK forum, but it's small and sort of "proper".

I built a AR 308. Looking for info... and you need a lot with that platform, you go to AR308.com. First... the number one source for AR 308 info. Second, while it is small... all those guys are super cool. They have a very nice corner of the web over there. Very very helpful and really laid back. Refreshing on the web.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I like the FNX, if I come across one for a good price I'll pick it up one day. But it has to be in 9 or 45.

I've been on the Sig forum before but like it here much better. Sometimes I literally crack up at some of the stuff I read, then next time I get some really useful information. Good group of guys, so stick around.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
I'm kinda partial to the FN pistols, myself. Almost bought the .45 in the Summer of 2010 instead of the XDm, now I can't remember the exact model number except the one I wanted was designated USG and it preceeded the FNX. Big pistol but an XDm in .45 ACP ain't little either. I'd really like to shoot the FNX .45 but no one around here stocks them. The XDm I had no problem getting and ordered it sight unseen. I had formerly owned an XD Tac in .40 S&W though, which is what brought me to the forum. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
fnx's are pretty cool, I would like to add one in the not so near future haha.

as for forums, this is the only gun forum I am on but I'm on a few other truck and mountain bike forums and have never really had a problem with the people, there are always going to be the not so helpful guys. While this isn't as big as the main forum I am on its still seems to be as helpful and a good group of people so far.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts