Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to the community here. I have been lurking for a little while and figured I would sign up. I am a relatively young buck with some pistol/rifle experience, but still learning bunches day by day.

After getting rid of my old rifle and pistol (SKS Paratrooper and PT-945) I decided it was time to get back into the fun. I first purchased a S&W: M&P 15-22 for a fun AR plinker platform. I justified sinking a lot of coin into the rifle (to me at least) because I figured that I would end up with a 5.56 or a .308 anyways and then I could switch off the setup from the .22 to the bigger rifles if I wanted to.

However, after getting the rifle, I decided that I just had to have a 9mm pistol before the larger rifle first. I wanted a full size with a preferable barrel length between 4.25" and 5", a polymer frame, light weight, and a high capacity. A great warranty would be good too...and maybe an external hammer. I previously went the route of the Taurus for my old .45, and while I actually never had any issues with it, I decided I wanted a more reputable brand. It came down to the XDM-9, CZ SP-01 Phantom, M&P-9, FNH: FNP/FNX-9's, and the Glock 17

Long story short I went with the XDM and have been very happy ever since. She shoots better than me that's for sure. I have maybe a 1000 rounds or so through her at this point...exactly zero issues to date. My brothers CZ did have a couple FTF's but I have still had a big 'ole zero for issues. ;) Pics to follow of the rifle and the pistol.

I hope to get to know and learn from you all in the future! :)

-SS

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, and congratulations on getting back to the hobby...I love my MP15-22 and my XD's, and know that you won't be sorry...Be safe...:)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
HI and welcome to the forum from Colorado

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum from Milwaukee, WI.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
21,719 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. Here are some of the pics promised. I was hoping to get these up a few days ago but I have been dealing with some things.

S&W M&P 15-22 with some add-on's: (Sorry not the greatest pics)

Of course the XDM-9 4.5:

A few blades too:

A couple targets: First one is three-round triangles for head and center-mass (with XDM of course)...I was paying more attention to mechanics for the center-mass as you can see.

Second target is just me plinking away with the .22 that was zeroed for a much farther range and I compensated POA/POI...rapid-fired. (just playing around heh)

Also...I just inherited this:

Anybody have any knowledge or experience with one? Based on what I have read online thus far...it seems that it is good for about 375fps and has a 175lb. draw. Also, it seems I have to be either handicapped or over the age of 65 to use it hunting? :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts