Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a member for a while, just started posting (nothing good to say, I guess), and thought I'd take a couple moments to introduce myself.

I'm Nick. I'm an Army Vet, came home to take care of the family after Dad died last year. Started getting into firearms, have owned a few, but the one that I couldn't bring myself to sell is my XD45. I shoot as often as I can, which isn't nearly often enough, but I like to think I'm proficient with it.

I own one other pistol, a Beretta 92FS (nearly identical to the M9 I learned to shoot in the Army), and I'll be bringing home a S&W M&P 15 Sport home soon enough.

I've owned (so far) a Glock 22 (2nd Gen) .40, Bersa Thunder .380, and a DPMS AR15 chambered in 6.8SPC.

I'm an automotive enthusiast, between my 3 vehicles, I have a grand total of over 1200hp in the driveway and garage. I ride motorcycles as well, currently on an '85 Goldwing Limited Edition (fuel injected 1200), but I want to get back on a sport bike. I work as an armed guard for a local security company, and I'll be starting a new job with another in a few weeks.

I'm easy to get along with (at least I think so), but I've had a rough time since I got out of the Army, so I'm not exactly a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. I'll do anything to help out a friend in need, and I rarely ask for help, even when it's obvious I can't accomplish something without it.

That's just about all there is to know about me, I don't really know what else to say, except I'm always buying guns, and I rarely hold on to one longer than a few months. The XD has been the exception, and I've had it since last October. Great pistol, I've had a good experience with it. The only reason I think I'd sell it is to get something that's easier to find duty holsters for, but even that isn't definite. I'll probably just get another Glock for work, and keep the XD for CC and taking to the range. It's hard to find holsters for the XD, forget it if you want a Level III or one that will accommodate a mounted light. . . Options are scarce.

Anyways, thanks for the great site, you all have already been a great help. I hope to become more active over here!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome from Ga

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Nick.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Nick, you have been around longer than I have, so a big "Hello" is in order. Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome from the NW part of the mitt, Nick!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
21,722 Posts
hello there