Springfield XD Forum banner

FN TSR XP .223

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Powerman 
#1 · (Edited)
It’s an oldie but a goodie. Traded in my .17HMR for something more fun.

Has an ‘internal’ 6 rd capacity that is loaded from the breech, then you can drop one in the chamber and close the bolt. 3-position safety, most rearward position locks both bolt and trigger. Adjustable trigger but has to be disassembled so probably won’t do that. Bedded Hogue stock that has a rubbery feel which I like.

Chambered in .223 with the Ultra Short Action. If you pull the bolt back slowly, the empty just sorta tumbles out.

See less See more
#10 ·
LGS had one of those for $850 and waited too long to decide.

Not sure yet about the internal mag on the FN but at the range it's actually kinda nice not to have to drop the box magazine out and reload it, then shove it back in. On the bench, just drop the rounds into the open chamber and GTG. When I switched from the FN to the Savage with box magazine I suddenly realized how nice the FN loading method is.

#12 ·
LGS had one of those for $850 and waited too long to decide.

Not sure yet about the internal mag on the FN but at the range it's actually kinda nice not to have to drop the box magazine out and reload it, then shove it back in. On the bench, just drop the rounds into the open chamber and GTG. When I switched from the FN to the Savage with box magazine I suddenly realized how nice the FN loading method is.
Know what you mean having to put the mag out to reload. That's what I end up doing with my M1A. I've seen were they make a 50 rd drum but I wouldn't want one, the rifle is heavy enough already 😁

#11 ·
I'd really like to pick up a bolt action rifle in a fun/effective cartridge. Been wanting one for a long time but something else always got my attention (and money) first.

Then, when my kid calls me a Fudd (ostensibly because l don't wear a plate carrier, chest rig, and a freaking helmet to go plinking), l could whip that big boy out and teach him what's what at 300+ yds.

#16 ·
The only reason I'm going to get the Savage in 6.5 is then I'd have to start storing rounds for that caliber and I've already getting. 308 until now. Called around to the shops I use and there was no .45 acp but one shop had some match grade 308 at almost $40 a box. That shop has a Savage 110 Tactical in 6.5 creed for what it lists on Savage's web site just under 1k

#17 ·
Sure, but you dont "have" to stockpile all calibers. 308 in any semi auto is inking. You can go tbrough a lot. If you shoot bench not so much. If you are already invested in 308 then so be it. If noy, 6.5 CM is a great one ro get into.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.