Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It’s an oldie but a goodie. Traded in my .17HMR for something more fun.

Has an ‘internal’ 6 rd capacity that is loaded from the breech, then you can drop one in the chamber and close the bolt. 3-position safety, most rearward position locks both bolt and trigger. Adjustable trigger but has to be disassembled so probably won’t do that. Bedded Hogue stock that has a rubbery feel which I like.

Chambered in .223 with the Ultra Short Action. If you pull the bolt back slowly, the empty just sorta tumbles out.

·
Super Moderator
22,052 Posts
I have been meaning to get a good 5.56 bolt as a backup / trainer rifle. Dang you Zander. I got the bug!

·
Premium Member
17,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It’s joining this Savage .308 that I got in trade for a Sig SP2022. The owner had bedded the stock and filled the forend with resin. He also put on this nice cheek-weld that I may attempt to replicate on the FN.

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
I have been meaning to get a good 5.56 bolt as a backup / trainer rifle. Dang you Zander. I got the bug!
Same here.

I keep looking at Mossberg MVP’s; I like the option of using AR magazines.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been looking at getting the Savage tactical 110 in .308. At first I was thinking of getting it in 6.5 Creedmoor but then I'd have to start stock piling that caliber and the cost of ammo

·
Super Moderator
16,428 Posts
Looks very nice. Congrats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts