Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You better sell your first born, get a second job and start saving: the SCAR-L 16S has an MSRP of $2,696.56.

They are now available, and allocated to certain distributors at a set number. The MSRP that FN states is still 100% correct at $2,696.56, and EXPECT TO PAY THIS. Your dealer does not have much wiggle room! They come in FDE with 16″ barrels, and either a 10 or 30 round mag. If you want one, GO ORDER IT NOW! There will not be a large run as of now, and dealers are ordering for themselves to sell on GB and the like! !

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
damn wish i had the coin for one of those bad boys!

Nikon are you getting one?

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too rich for my blood. I could buy several other guns I want plus ammo for that price. Id love to have one though.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
It should be interesting to see what happens in coming years as far as the development of adaptive and piston systems go. Hopefully by the grace of God we'll dodge the bullet as far as a ban is concerned, and the systems will be refined and mass produced like the current AR platform. I guess the best indicator will be whether or not the military gives them more consideration in the next few years. Until the military does procure a new weapon and issue it in large numbers, the AR will probably maintain its dominance for many years to come and progress in the civilian market will be slow due to the cost of research, development, and marketing. This all of course means that the high prices will continue for some time even if the talk of a ban dwindles.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Nikon,

Any chance of posting a different pic, all I get is a little red "x"

Chapie+

You better sell your first born, get a second job and start saving: the SCAR-L 16S has an MSRP of $2,696.56.

They are now available, and allocated to certain distributors at a set number. The MSRP that FN states is still 100% correct at $2,696.56, and EXPECT TO PAY THIS. Your dealer does not have much wiggle room! They come in FDE with 16″ barrels, and either a 10 or 30 round mag. If you want one, GO ORDER IT NOW! There will not be a large run as of now, and dealers are ordering for themselves to sell on GB and the like! !

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
The Firearm Blog

Civilian FN SCAR 16S Pricing

FNH SCAR 16S (actual photo, not the military version)
itstock posted the information at fnforum.net:
They are now available, and allocated to certain distributors at a set number. The MSRP that FN states is still 100% correct at $2,696.56, and EXPECT TO PAY THIS. Your dealer does not have much wiggle room!
They come in FDE with 16″ barrels, and either a 10 or 30 round mag.
If you want one, GO ORDER IT NOW! There will not be a large run as of now, and dealers are ordering for themselves to sell on GB and the like! !
Also, the SCAR-H has not been released in any way, no pricing, and no order information.
It sort of make the civilian Steyr AUG SA seem cheap at a mere $2295.00!
The SCAR-H referred to above is the 7.62mm NATO (.308 Win.) model.
Thanks to Raif for the tip.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Boy that's pretty steep for what it is. I would much rather get a XCR for $1500 or even wait for the Masada for $1500-1800. I can't see dropping more then $2k on a SCAR.

-Derek

·
Registered
992 Posts
I had the luck of handling the military pattern SCAR, and it is a sweet setup. However, a production 5.56mm rifle at $2700 MSRP is laughable. I don't care what color it is, or how long and continuous the rails are, or where the charging handle is, the fact that it is a piston setup, or how many ways you can adjust the stock. A 5.56 rifle should not come in at that price point, and even if we presume that the military is getting them at several hundred less per unit, it seems that would make it a deal breaker for a large quantity military contract. The cost would still be over 3x the cost of the current longarm.

With that being said, there will be those with more money than sense, and they will be the first adopters. Maybe FN knows that a military contract isn't looking so good right now, and they are looking to quickly recoup R&D costs from the civilian sales?! :shock: I'm expecting to see these selling for more than MSRP, since every other pistol-gripped, detachable mag, military rifle is experiencing the same sales trend.

With WASRs fetching $700, what will immediately happen to the supply & demand of the SCAR? I'm gonna sit back and laugh my way through this one. :-o

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
kinda makes the $1795 LWRC i want seem like a good fair price.

if by some miracle they are available in a year or two and they are $1995 i would snatch one up.

what a day ruiner, i really wanted one, or the masada/bushie and thats why i dont have an AR15 at the moment.

bastids.

looks like i should get on gittin' the LWRC

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Good night! That thing better have a happy switch for $2700!! I've shot one full-auto and liked it but that kind of money is crazy. I would probably sell some stuff and buy one at $1500, but holy cow.

They are fun though...can I get the EOTech with it for that price at least??

·
Registered
285 Posts
Several big city SWAT squads have T/E'd it and took a pass. The reasons I was told had nothing to do with price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts