Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these?

I haven't even picked up my XDM .40 yet, and I'm looking for another. Probably in the 9mm version.

I've also figured that this hobby is similar to my bicycling hobby/FT job. The number of firearms is like bicycles.

N+1. N is your current amount. And your always looking for more

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have a FN-P9 USG and can't complain a bit. It shoots well and being able to carry cocked and locked is nice, too. I have about 8-900 down the pipe so far and nary a hiccup.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm going to try and head to the firing range and try one out.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have one but don't shoot it. It has a grip like a Glock and really hurts the inside of my thumb when I shoot it because of the square shape. Steyr M40, S & W M & P, Sig Sauer, any 1911 works much better for me. My favorites are the XD's and XDm's.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to try and head to the firing range and try one out.
FNP-9 is a light gun, is this for carry?

While there, try the opposite approach and rent an all metal (heavy) pistol in same caliber (I like CZ 75 or 75B) and tell us what you think. :twisted:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No carry. It's virtually impossible to get a CCW in Maryland.

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
That pistol is on my "must buy" list.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No carry. It's virtually impossible to get a CCW in Maryland.
If this is a range gun or home defense pistol...I highly recommend you try an all steel pistol (CZ75 or 75B variant, Browning HP, 1911, older S&W 5900's, etc.) before your next purchase.

Actually call CDNN (or download their catalog) and see if they still have S&W 5906 police trade-ins for $299.95. I love mine.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If this is a range gun or home defense pistol...I highly recommend you try an all steel pistol (CZ75 or 75B variant, Browning HP, 1911, older S&W 5900's, etc.) before your next purchase.

Actually call CDNN (or download their catalog) and see if they still have S&W 5906 police trade-ins for $299.95. I love mine.

It probably would be for the range. I already have an XDm .40 on order for range/home. I've also been looking at the Ruger SR1911. So many guns, not enough cash.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought one a few months ago and it's great. Light enough to carry comfortably. More accurate than I am and mine has a great trigger. I wouldn't trade it.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I fired a 5-7 at the range and loved it! Very light recoil, high capacity.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I bought the FNX in .40. I chose it because it ca be carried cocked 'n locked, double action decocked, or da with half cocked. The FNP cannot be carried condition 1.

I got a GREAT deal out the door for $498

I never shot it, but do have to sell it because of a few too many Gunbroker auctions that I did not expect to win...oops

They are rock solid firearms with a past of ultra reliability (they do make the majority of US military small arms for a reason!)

I would consider it as solid and well constructed as a metal CZ, but made of lightweight polymer

PM if desired

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I had an FNP-9 that I liked, but it just wasn't the gun for me. Too Sig-like for my taste.
FNX fixes some of those issues.
Our country needs to realize that these are as high quality and reliable as an Austrian or Croatian handgun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts