Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these?

I haven't even picked up my XDM .40 yet, and I'm looking for another. Probably in the 9mm version.

I've also figured that this hobby is similar to my bicycling hobby/FT job. The number of firearms is like bicycles.

N+1. N is your current amount. And your always looking for more

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have one but don't shoot it. It has a grip like a Glock and really hurts the inside of my thumb when I shoot it because of the square shape. Steyr M40, S & W M & P, Sig Sauer, any 1911 works much better for me. My favorites are the XD's and XDm's.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No carry. It's virtually impossible to get a CCW in Maryland.
If this is a range gun or home defense pistol...I highly recommend you try an all steel pistol (CZ75 or 75B variant, Browning HP, 1911, older S&W 5900's, etc.) before your next purchase.

Actually call CDNN (or download their catalog) and see if they still have S&W 5906 police trade-ins for $299.95. I love mine.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If this is a range gun or home defense pistol...I highly recommend you try an all steel pistol (CZ75 or 75B variant, Browning HP, 1911, older S&W 5900's, etc.) before your next purchase.

Actually call CDNN (or download their catalog) and see if they still have S&W 5906 police trade-ins for $299.95. I love mine.

It probably would be for the range. I already have an XDm .40 on order for range/home. I've also been looking at the Ruger SR1911. So many guns, not enough cash.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought one a few months ago and it's great. Light enough to carry comfortably. More accurate than I am and mine has a great trigger. I wouldn't trade it.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I fired a 5-7 at the range and loved it! Very light recoil, high capacity.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I bought the FNX in .40. I chose it because it ca be carried cocked 'n locked, double action decocked, or da with half cocked. The FNP cannot be carried condition 1.

I got a GREAT deal out the door for $498

I never shot it, but do have to sell it because of a few too many Gunbroker auctions that I did not expect to win...oops

They are rock solid firearms with a past of ultra reliability (they do make the majority of US military small arms for a reason!)

I would consider it as solid and well constructed as a metal CZ, but made of lightweight polymer

PM if desired

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I had an FNP-9 that I liked, but it just wasn't the gun for me. Too Sig-like for my taste.
FNX fixes some of those issues.
Our country needs to realize that these are as high quality and reliable as an Austrian or Croatian handgun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts