Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is that the same thing as the FN fiveseven? If so it is a good solid gun. It shoots the same ammo as the P90. Very little recoil, and very accurate.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here in Utah they have a gun shop that you can pay some money and fire a fiveseven on their range. They are definitely worth at least testing one out. I personally love them and when I save up some money will be buying one.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
They are pretty cool, I like the placement of the safety.
Don't like the early ones, the sights (especially the front) are very tall. If it's in a holster, it can make drawint it difficult as the sight would easily catch on the holster or clothing. There is a carry model that has shorter more traditional sights.

Only reason I dont get one is the ammo could stop production and oversea shipments & you'd be stck with a thousand dollar paperweight.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
They are pretty cool, I like the placement of the safety.
Don't like the early ones, the sights (especially the front) are very tall. If it's in a holster, it can make drawint it difficult as the sight would easily catch on the holster or clothing. There is a carry model that has shorter more traditional sights.

Only reason I dont get one is the ammo could stop production and oversea shipments & you'd be stck with a thousand dollar paperweight.

SS197SR is loaded in the states I thought. However brass is made at one of the European FNH plants.

The fixed sites have the lower front blade. I had no issues drawing, reholstering, with the taller blade on my FSN when I ran it through a class.

I have mine, and love it. There are various threads on XDtalk dicussing the gun and round, etc.. Worthwhile reads on somet of them.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The pistol by its self is really something all other polymer guns have to look up to.

By far the most consistent and reliable gun I've ever dealt with.

When it comes to 5.7 ammunition, the debate is up in the air on it and I really don't think anyone clearly knows what it will and won't do. I used to carry it but I switched to a few other things since.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The same, I guess I would also need a 5.7 upper for an AR.
Can't tell from your post, have you seen this: AR57

As for the FiveseveN, it's a nice gun. The only potential issue with it is that the grip is huge, so if one has small hands or (as in my case) short fingers, it can be hard to use.

And as far as I know, 5.7 ammo in the US is loaded by Fiocchi by license of FNHUSA. Of course, there's also Elite Ammunition as well, which makes some higher powered loads in 5.7.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
I've shot mine standing at 100 yards. If I had taken more time, I'm sure I could have landed more hits, but I had a few of them on a 2x2' target :)

Follow up shots are very easy with this :)

I've got a bunch of FSN and PS90 videos on my youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BuffmanLT1

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like my FN 5.7. IMHO, it is the most advanced off-the-shelf handgun design out there. With the right holster, in can easily be concealed-carry. No shortage of ammo, plus Elite Ammunition makes good ammo for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts